KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

Add a Review

Employee Review

1. 4.0
    Former Employee

Rewarding Job, Great Experience!

Dec 1, 2021 - Foster Care Specialist in Erie, PA
    Business Outlook

Pros

I worked at The Bair Foundation for almost 2 years and loved it! This was the first job that I looked forward to every day and felt a true sense of purpose. At the Erie office, there is a great work culture and the director is always available if you need help and always thinking of new ideas to support foster families and kids. The Bair Foundation gives staff little gifts throughout the year to make staff feel appreciated. My coworkers were always there when I needed help. There was emphasis on us being a team and I felt that. I also became pretty attached to my foster families and kids. I loved the flexibility of my job, the PTO time, mileage reimbursement and the Student Loan Forgiveness Program. The pay is fair with the opportunity to have an increase annually. Although, it would have been nice to be paid a little more considering the type of work you do. With my job, there was sometimes an opportunity to make more based on your case load and when you do on-call, which was nice. Overall, it was a great experience and I learned a lot!

Cons

The healthcare options could be a bit better and it is difficult to manage work/life balance at times with a high caseload and when families are further away (you spend more time traveling than visiting)

Continue reading
    1 person found this review helpful
  1. 5.0
    Former Employee, less than 1 year

Outstanding Office Culture!

Jun 24, 2022 - Secretary in Greenville, SC
    Business Outlook

Pros

The first big pro is the office culture that I was in. I was excited to come to work everyday and being with those girls. In that office everyone had each other’s backs. When you needed help it was there. I also loved my position. I loved being able to reach out to community members during holiday times to get donations for the kids, I loved putting those gifts together to make the kids whole day! I loved being such a crucial part of making the office run. I was in charge running reports on the current foster families, making sure they were up to date on all state regulations, I would create monthly logs for the children as well as newsletters. I would do lots of filing I’m not only our hard copies but in our electronic as well. An make sure that all office supplies were stocked. I honestly loved working for Bair and their mission. They not only help the children thrive but they make sure the foster families do as well. They prioritize employees mental health well being and have amazing benefits! They truly care about you as an individual and not just an employee!

Cons

Honestly there is not many downsides to working with this company. The only con that I really had was that I was not getting paid enough for what I all did.

Continue reading
    1 person found this review helpful
  2. 3.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Foster care specialist

Jun 9, 2022 - Foster Care Specialist in Harrisburg, PA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Flexible schedule Great team Family oriented environment

Cons

Low pay Expensive benefits Can be stressful

Be the first to find this review helpful

Discover more reviews about The Bair Foundation.

The Bair Foundation Photos

+ Add Photo
The Bair Foundation photo of: The Bair Foundation Staff wear blue to show support for National Child Abuse Prevention Month
The Bair Foundation photo of: We're "Better Together" at the National office
The Bair Foundation photo of: Some of our leadership team lifting each other up!
The Bair Foundation photo of: San Antonio goes PINK
The Bair Foundation photo of: Bair goes PINK for Breast Cancer Awareness Month
The Bair Foundation photo of: Celebrating reunifying these siblings in one home FOREVER! Adoption Day!!
The Bair Foundation photo of: Happy Gotcha Day to these siblings who will be together forever!