The Berry Company - Great culture and moving in right direction | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for The Berry Company

"Great culture and moving in right direction"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dayton, OH
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dayton, OH

I have been working at The Berry Company full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Still doing print but moving in the right direction with digital advertising, good compensation, good company, good benefits, 8 weeks of sales training

Cons

Managers need more developing, not enough lower level employee buy-in on direction of company

Advice to Management

I believe a program needs to be put in place that will allow development of managers and those that desire to move into management. Purchasing Talus starts to move us from using third party vendors but more needs to be done (moving in right direction though). Listen to your employee's they are your greatest asset and know what is working and what is not. I would say 90% of them love working here and getting their input and making them feel like a part of the solution will lead to greater success.

Other Employee Reviews for The Berry Company

1. "Graphic Designer"

Former Employee - Graphic Designer in Kettering, OH
    Former Employee - Graphic Designer in Kettering, OH

I worked at The Berry Company full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Fellow employees are very nice and great people to work with.

Cons

CEO/Upper management does not care. The company only cares about the bottom line. They out source everything other then Sales and Customer Servers.

"Started good went downhill to turning into a corrupt location lacking in integrity at management an rep levels."

Former Employee - Inside Sales in High Point, NC
    Former Employee - Inside Sales in High Point, NC

I worked at The Berry Company full-time

Pros

Started off fine at the Berry company. Great training program and trainer for first 8 weeks. Inside sales - rarely had a manager present my first few months on the job - so no micro management or management. Some managers don't care how many hours you work or when you show up or leave - so you can get paid for a lot of unworked hours.

Cons

Encouraged to do whatever it took to get sales. 40-50% of reps were cheating just to make unrealistic quotas. Systems don't work well. Outsourced work to Dominican Rep, India and the customers have suffered from poor service. Use vendors for all online products so there is little accountability to get it right for clients. Very little integrity in High Point management. Bully tactics applied to reps they don't like or get along with.

Advice to Management

Clean house in High Point - everyone there is afraid to speak up for fear of retribution from 1st level and division heads.

The Berry Company Response

Dec 30, 2013 – Director, HR & Recruiting

We are sorry to hear that you did not have a good experience while working as a sales rep at The Berry Company. As you mentioned, we do offer exceptional benefits, which includes an in-depth new hire ... More