The Black Tux - Customer Care Associate | Glassdoor

"Customer Care Associate"

Current Employee - Customer Care Associate in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at The Black Tux full-time for less than a year

Pros

Free lunch Fridays, dogs in the office, cool vibes, great people, CEO's are awesome, monthly company meetings to keep everyone in the loop, fun company outings, great training into your role

Cons

Absolutely no work-life-balance in customer service department. You work every single weekend and the schedule drains you out. You get a normal 2 day weekend every three weeks and a 3 day weekend every 6 weeks, it's way worse than it sounds. Also you only get 1 day off in between works days. For example, and this is just one example of their horrible schedule: I work Monday-Wednesday with Thursday off then I work... Friday (and have Saturday off) and work Sunday. The schedule is always different and it makes it hard to make any plans whatsoever. I can honestly say that I have forgotten what a weekend feels like.

Advice to Management

Where do I begin..notice when your employees are absolutely drained out. Communicate a little better and when there is a problem with our website or inventory give some guidance on what to tell our customers so we don't look/sound stupid.

The Black Tux2016-10-03

Other Employee Reviews

1. "Come work with us!"

Current Employee - Office Coordinator in Santa Monica, CA

I have been working at The Black Tux full-time for less than a year

Pros

Teamwork makes the dream work mentality, inclusive/diverse and a growing company that supports their employee's health and happiness!

Cons

If you aren't interested in building things out and innovation this may not be the right place for you at this time

The Black Tux2019-07-25

"Overall great place to work"

Current Employee - Anonymous

I have been working at The Black Tux full-time

Pros

- Great size and stage of company. Small enough to be nimble and not worry much about politics, large enough to avoid most of the startup chaos - Really strong culture. From the new hire onboarding program to the offsites to the emphasis on cultural values, the company does a great job ensuring that it's a good place to work. Also an overall great place for work/life balance. - High expectations. The... leadership really does try to assemble an A team. While this can lead to some turnover, I appreciate the dedication to excellence. - Investment in career development. Managers are encouraged to develop career pathways for all functions and career development is not overlooked.

Cons

- Leadership can do a better / more intentional job about sharing strategy / prioritized initiatives / roadmap with the teams at large. - Like many startups, can be prone to chase the next shiny penny, and this lack of focus can create some thrash.

The Black Tux2019-07-25

Discover more reviews about The Black Tux.