The Black Tux - This company truly cares | Glassdoor

"This company truly cares"

Current Employee - Customer Care Associate

I have been working at The Black Tux full-time for less than a year

Pros

This place is amazing! I have never had such a want to come to work! They truly take great care of you! I come in to fresh brewed coffee every morning, and a wide variety of snacks. I get to work with some truly amazing people, and we all help each other out. There is free lunch every Friday. They will also give us random snacks as surprises, like a make your own ice cream sandwich bar. I like as well that they... give you a lot of freedom, but they also give you a lot of responsibility. Like you have all day to work, and they don't fully police you, but you can't be slacking off. Since I have more freedom at work, I feel that I can perform my best! (And it shows!) They also hire a lot from within. If you work your hardest, they want to keep you. Other benefits are amazing, like heath insurance, paid parking/public transport, snacks, sparking water, kombucha, cold brew coffee, and performance contests! I like how everyone is nice to each other, like we all have lunch together, and hang out after work. We have company planned co-mingle lunches, where you have lunch with people in different departments. I lie as well how even the co-founders know who I am and they ask me about my day! I took a bit of a pay cut coming to this job, but that's only because I came from a ritzy corporate job. That corporate job paid well, but they treated their employees like crap. I'm glad I quit to work at TBT!

Cons

The only down side are that there are some (a few) employees that don't know how good we have it, and don't appreciate what an amazing company we work for. I think that's because they never had a boring corporate job. I also love the work life balance. I have had ohs where I have taken work home with me mentally. Here I just show up to work, and can leave, without a worry.

Advice to Management

Keep it up!!! Keep surprising me! You never stop! :)

The Black Tux2017-10-01

Other Employee Reviews

1. "Come work with us!"

Current Employee - Office Coordinator in Santa Monica, CA

I have been working at The Black Tux full-time for less than a year

Pros

Teamwork makes the dream work mentality, inclusive/diverse and a growing company that supports their employee's health and happiness!

Cons

If you aren't interested in building things out and innovation this may not be the right place for you at this time

The Black Tux2019-07-25

"Overall great place to work"

Current Employee - Anonymous

I have been working at The Black Tux full-time

Pros

- Great size and stage of company. Small enough to be nimble and not worry much about politics, large enough to avoid most of the startup chaos - Really strong culture. From the new hire onboarding program to the offsites to the emphasis on cultural values, the company does a great job ensuring that it's a good place to work. Also an overall great place for work/life balance. - High expectations. The... leadership really does try to assemble an A team. While this can lead to some turnover, I appreciate the dedication to excellence. - Investment in career development. Managers are encouraged to develop career pathways for all functions and career development is not overlooked.

Cons

- Leadership can do a better / more intentional job about sharing strategy / prioritized initiatives / roadmap with the teams at large. - Like many startups, can be prone to chase the next shiny penny, and this lack of focus can create some thrash.

The Black Tux2019-07-25

Discover more reviews about The Black Tux.