The Black Tux - Bad and Good sides | Glassdoor
  1. "Bad and Good sides"

Former Employee - Administrative in Santa Monica, CA

I worked at The Black Tux full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great culture and people with lots of fun activities and caterings Annual salary adjustment Dog friendly Free health care Cell phone and parking reimbursement You can work remotely once in a while (if you work in the HQ) Unlimited PTO No micromanagement

Cons

Different departments are not on the same different page. Processes can be deviated from standard policies which causes difficulties to accomplish a common goal among goal. People are hired with no prior related work experiences which causes challenges to work others Will cut corners to save cost

The Black Tux2019-07-23

Other Employee Reviews

"Best place I've ever worked"

Current Employee - Marketing in Santa Monica, CA

I have been working at The Black Tux full-time for more than a year

Pros

Not overstating things––this is the best place I've ever worked. My work priorities are autonomy/respect, responsibilities I'm excited by and can learn from, great people, flexibility, strong salary, and a fun culture. TBT is all of those things and more.

Cons

Startup-y in that initiatives we've invested in can suddenly go away or get dramatically scaled down, and communication isn't always the best across teams.

Advice to Management

Help teams become less silo-ed. Continue to invest in employees and make them feel valued (it goes such a long way). More feedback (both positive and constructive) from the top down.

The Black Tux2019-09-26

"Overall great place to work"

Current Employee - Anonymous

I have been working at The Black Tux full-time

Pros

- Great size and stage of company. Small enough to be nimble and not worry much about politics, large enough to avoid most of the startup chaos - Really strong culture. From the new hire onboarding program to the offsites to the emphasis on cultural values, the company does a great job ensuring that it's a good place to work. Also an overall great place for work/life balance. - High expectations. The... leadership really does try to assemble an A team. While this can lead to some turnover, I appreciate the dedication to excellence. - Investment in career development. Managers are encouraged to develop career pathways for all functions and career development is not overlooked.

Cons

- Leadership can do a better / more intentional job about sharing strategy / prioritized initiatives / roadmap with the teams at large. - Like many startups, can be prone to chase the next shiny penny, and this lack of focus can create some thrash.

The Black Tux2019-07-25

Discover more reviews about The Black Tux.