The Blue Book Network® (Contractors Register) - A Great Company That Cares About Their People | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for The Blue Book Network® (Contractors Register)

"A Great Company That Cares About Their People"

I have been working at The Blue Book Network® (Contractors Register) full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

The Blue Book values their employees and they just don't say it.....they back it up with actions. Every employee owns a piece of the company and every employee has a 401-K plan that contributes $2 to every $1 the employee contributes. The Blue Book encourages creativity, ideas and allows every employee to be heard. Their policy of promoting from with-in allows for upward mobility and a long career. Employees who have been with the company for 20, 25 and 30 years is common. The company has a progressive attitude and is always working on new products to stay ahead of the curve and keep the company growing. The Blue Book is 100 years old and has NEVER had a lay-off because of hard times. Basically the Blue Book is old fashion in the sense that it fosters a culture of loyalty....much the way companies in the 50's 60's and 70's did. I've had the privilege of working with some of the best people I have ever met and I really feel lucky that I joined this company so many years ago

Cons

Because we put out superior products and treat our customers with loyalty and respect, our competition like to talk trash about us. They continually spread falsehoods about the company because they can't compete with their inferior products and poor customer service.

Advice to Management

Continue to take the time to study the needs of the industry and create products that serve those needs.

Other Employee Reviews for The Blue Book Network® (Contractors Register)

1. "Good company and benefits. But salaries are not very good"

I have been working at The Blue Book Network® (Contractors Register) full-time

Pros

Very good benefits offered to employees, especially the 401K plan

Cons

Starting to turn into a corporate environment, used to be more family friendly

Advice to Management

It would be nice to have higher salaries.

"I Love The Blue Book Building and Construction Network! Who Wouldn't?"

Pros

It's one of the only companies in America that has and continues to hire for top talent for positions during times of recession. The company always provides an opportunity for employees to attend educational or training seminars to help employees grow professionally. The company provides a tuition reimbursement program for employees to utilize to become more proficient and knowledgeable in their field. The President of the company has an "open door policy" in the sense that if you have something on your mind, his door is always open as well as his phone line. Senior Management is always friendly and approachable.
    Working at The Blue Book is a great experience. Everyone is friendly and gives you a sense of "family" oriented. It's not "cold" like a major corporation is; even the buildings at Head Quarters location carry a sense of welcome; there are always beautiful flowers at each entrance; maintained grounds and extremely clean working environments. Employees have the best interest for each other and continually help one another. Everyone provide ideas and feedback. It's a true pleasure to work at The Blue Book.

Cons

The cons of the Blue Book are ........well, can't seem to think of anything.

Advice to Management

Advice to Management - have round tables or employee/management forums on different topics of the business each quarter or semi-annually. Provide an environment for the forums where employees can feel comfortable that their feedback, ideas and suggestions are wanted, heard and appreciated.