The Body Shop - A great place to work at and learn from | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for The Body Shop

"A great place to work at and learn from"

Current Employee - Assistant Manager in San Francisco, CA
Current Employee - Assistant Manager in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at The Body Shop part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Working here makes me feel like I'm doing something good because of the values we uphold for communities, human rights, and the environment. Upper management takes care of their employees fairly, depending on how much the employee contributes to the team. Schedules are flexible, employee discount very generous altho its still more rewarding to be a love your body member. While most locations try to offer exceptional customer service, not all stores are accommodating or bother to connect with customers.

Cons

Just not a lot of full time positions available, most employees are pt, so while it can be a great place to start at while youre still single, there's not a lot of options for those with dependents.

Advice to Management

More hours could keep your employees from considering other options.

Other Employee Reviews for The Body Shop

1. "It was ultimately a great learning tool on my career path"

Current Employee - Store Manager in King of Prussia, PA
    Current Employee - Store Manager in King of Prussia, PA

I have been working at The Body Shop full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great product, teaches you how to provide great customer service, great company values, small company in which growth is possible.

Cons

Company was going through a difficult growth period in which many managers were let go during my tenure. It seemed saving money was the ultimate goal at the end of the day.

Advice to Management

Ive heard since my departure the company has rebounded and really turned a corner. I just only wish this was the case while i was still there.

2. "A job not a career!"

Former Employee - Store Manager in Lake Worth, FL
    Former Employee - Store Manager in Lake Worth, FL

I worked at The Body Shop full-time (More than a year)

Pros

It was fun but they don't do a lot to set themselves a part from Bath & Body Works. So they a little unknown to customers. District Manager was fantastic and was never too good to pitch in and do what she could to help out in any of her stores.

Cons

Upper management was a waste. They went through so many regionals and people in corporate they were not well ran in terms of a specific company structure with people that had stayed and made a career for themselves with the company. When I was there they had no president, it was ran by a Vice president.

Advice to Management

Be a part of the company your running. Show that you care about what your doing like Anita did when she started it!