The Breakers - Fun place to live and work in Long Beach, CA | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for The Breakers

"Fun place to live and work in Long Beach, CA"

Former Employee - Nurse in Long Beach, CA
Former Employee - Nurse in Long Beach, CA

Pros

The beautiful building, the size of apartments, the people that live there and work there.
We care about the residents and it shows by what people say about us. Please try to keep the maintenance of this old building ongoing so we don't have any trouble like we did a long time ago.

Cons

It is a very big building to walk around in and some say there are ghosts from the old time movie stars at nighttime. We sometimes have to pay for our meals but they are very big and also very good. Once in awhile we get called away for an emergency but then our food gets cold.

Advice to Management

Hire only the best managers and cooks, that is what keeps our residents happy. We know what it takes to provide good care and to keep our residents healthy. Thank you for our parties and how you are always so kind to us when you see us.

Other Employee Reviews for The Breakers

1. "A great place to start a career the wrong place when you are in the middle."

Former Employee - No Longer Work With Them in Palm Beach, FL
    Former Employee - No Longer Work With Them in Palm Beach, FL

Pros

The Breakers is a hospitality machine. Great training great people working there. Any one can lear form working with thee great staff

Cons

The guests are the absolute worst. The members are rude and openly hostile to any one that is inferior to them.(This means every one)
    Cost of living is so high and quality of life is so poor living in the west pal area is miserable. You simply do not make enough money to live a good life style. The good life style is there but as an assistant manager you can not afford to participate. Where ever you are in your career you must take a step down when working there and it is very hard to climb to the top.

Advice to Management

You are great unfortunately the economics of the area prohibit any one with experience form sacrificing there quality of life to work with you

2. "OK"

I worked at The Breakers full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

OK . A small company and related advantages with decision making.

Cons

Availability needs to be high even though workload may not be high - typical of a small company.

Advice to Management

Get feedback.