The CENTECH GROUP - It's about filling the slot... | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for The CENTECH GROUP

"It's about filling the slot..."

I worked at The CENTECH GROUP full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Always left the office on time.

Cons

Culture where some of the PMs crave attention and adoration from corporate like children wanting attention and adoration from an absentee parent. It led to some real bad behavior during the course of the contract.

Onsite management feared the customer. It was hard to believe at first. Then became amusing. Then it just became sad.

Lots of time being asked basic questions about the project and domain knowledge from PMs while the same PMs soaked up the spotlight from the client and corporate.

Our one professional manager gave way to others that lacked fundamental yet critical client management and selling skills that short changed the company, team, projects, and most importantly the customer.

Outside of lip service, they aren’t a very customer focused company.

Communications actually got worse as federalization and attrition shrunk the team.

While a company may “graduate” from the 8a program, they never really leave the program and Centech still carries a lot of the old 8a entitlement and baggage compounded with some managers who lack key strategic skills such as proposal writing and client management.

Advice to Management

Revisit the role of PM and why they act like children craving attention and adoration from corporate.

Learn to distinguish between schmoozing and real skills when choosing Project Managers.

Those who don’t learn from their PM hiring mistakes are doomed to repeat them.

If you insist on choosing PMs the same way, at least, establish a mentoring program in basic domain knowledge and skills for them.

Stress the importance of communications to your managers especially when those managers lack technical and business experience which the staff already has.

Other Employee Reviews for The CENTECH GROUP

1. "HVAC PROJECT SITE ENGINEER"

Current Employee - HVAC Engineer in Mumbai (India)
    Current Employee - HVAC Engineer in Mumbai (India)

I have been working at The CENTECH GROUP full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Good and friendly Behave with employee

Cons

Salary and increment not on time.

2. "10 yrs. Exp.Seeking Assignment in the field of Air-Conditioning & Refrigeration"

Current Employee - Service Supervisor in Mumbai (India)
    Current Employee - Service Supervisor in Mumbai (India)

I have been working at The CENTECH GROUP full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

To establish myself well in this globally competitive era and to implement and enhance my skills for the betterment of my organization, I serve for.

Cons

• Assist in planning, assigning and supervising the installation, Servicing of system.
    • Inspect inoperative equipment to locate source of trouble.
    • Regular interaction with Dealers & Clients, updating them on all Developments on the fields.

Advice to Management

GIVE THE SOME CHANCE AN ANOTHER NEW ONE SO HE CAN PROVITE SELF.