The Campus Special - Great Internship Opportunity | Glassdoor

"Great Internship Opportunity"

Former Employee - Account Management Intern in Chicago, IL
Former Employee - Account Management Intern in Chicago, IL

Pros

If you want an internship that is going to challenge you then this is the place to go. Everyone is very helpful when it comes to training, and they answer any question you have immediately. You learn a lot about the company within the first month. I feel like I gained a years worth of experience in only three months.

Cons

Long hours (but welcome to the real world). No major complaints; I thought the internship was a very rewarding experience.

Advice to Management

I had a wonderful working experience with this company. The internship I completed was above my expectations, and the management was wonderful.

Other Employee Reviews for The Campus Special

"The most practical and beneficial internship available for college students"

Current Employee - Account Executive in Lawrence, KS
    Current Employee - Account Executive in Lawrence, KS

Pros

This is one of the best internships out there because it leaves you with actual quantitative data for your resume which is exactly what employers were looking for when I was interviewing. They were so impressed with the fact that I generated real revenue for a company. So impressed with the fact that I grew a market 40% in a recession. So impressed that I brought a brand new product to a market and started a trend....the list goes on and on. These were the type of things that made me stand out from my peers graduating in my class. This isn't your filing papers and fetching coffee kind of internship. Its gives you practical and hands on experience. Very few students can graduate with this type of sales experience on their resume.

Cons

Nothing comes easily with this internship. What you put in is what you put out. If you don't want to work hard and put in the time, you probably aren't going to do very well. But, the greatest thing is that everything is in your control. If you dedicate the time and work hard, you will see results.

Advice to Management

All feedback I received from my manager was something that helped me improve and I had constant support. My manager still gives me career advice post-internship and has helped me advance in my current career.

"Exciting and challenging company with great people who believe in their employees and their product."

Current Employee - Office Manager in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Office Manager in Atlanta, GA

Pros

The diversity and compassion of the people make The Campus Special so successful.

Cons

Constant growth are our challenges but we manage them as they come and always prevail.

Advice to Management

Continue doing what you are doing!