The Campus Special - A real life, hands on experience! Best decision I ever made!! | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for The Campus Special

"A real life, hands on experience! Best decision I ever made!!"

Current Employee - Account Executive in Cedar Falls, IA
Current Employee - Account Executive in Cedar Falls, IA

I have been working at The Campus Special part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

-Rewarding - you get out what you put in!
-Real-life experience - You're not filing papers or running errands. YOU do all of the work!
-HUGE resume builder - Companies recognize C$; You can place personal/national stats; etc...
-Ahead of the game - Most prospective sales students don't have this type of experience when they graduate!
-Training - You attend a training conference where you learn the basics of the product and are well-prepared for the first day
-Networking - You meet some many new friends, business owners, recruiters, and possible future employers
-Opportunities within Career Partners - Campus Special is partnered up with more than 300 companies that are looking to hire from the top performers
-Opportunities to travel - If you work hard, the managers realize that. You may get to travel to other states to assist with their market!

*If you work hard and produce results, the managers will work hard for you in return to assist with job searching, resume building, references, etc...

Cons

-Time
consuming
-Stressful
-Rejection occurs frequently
-Daily reports

Other Employee Reviews for The Campus Special

"An Incredible Hands-On Experience to Gain Professional Growth"

Current Intern - Account Executive in Oshkosh, WI
    Current Intern - Account Executive in Oshkosh, WI

I have been working at The Campus Special as an intern (Less than a year)

Pros

As cliché as it sounds, taking the internship with the Campus Special has changed my professional life tremendously. I took the internship without having much background in marketing and sales; needless to say I was a little hesitant at first. On top of having no prior background, I am generally a quiet and reserved person so the thought of coming face to face with a business owner terrified me. The training given by the Campus Special, however, gave me all the necessary skills to get out there and sell the product, as well as the motivation I needed to overcome my fear. After making my first sale, all of the nerves turned into motivation and I knew I had what it takes to finish strong. I will carry with me the hands on experience, confidence and self-motivation I have gained through the Campus Special throughout my professional career.

Cons

As with anything, what you put in is what you get out; this internship is no different. If you are willing to dedicate yourself and step outside of your comfort zone, this internship will pay off in more ways than imaginable.

"The most rewarding, eye-opening experience of my life!"

Former Intern - Account Executive in Fayetteville, AR
    Former Intern - Account Executive in Fayetteville, AR

I worked at The Campus Special as an intern (Less than a year)

Pros

The Campus Special summer internship was the most rewarding experience of my life bar none. Everything I haves armed in class was finally put to the true test of selling an amazing product, working with teammates, and writing crucial reports. Over the summer I was transformed into a young business professional. Because of my experience with the campus special, I just landed my dream job! Everyone should apply online as soon as you read this! I put my word on my statements. My manager was the most important part of my success without a doubt. If you believe in yourself, you will succeed.

Cons

This was also the biggest challenges in my young career. Campus Special will not hide the amount of hard work it takes. You will not succeed if you slack off. Hard work is always worth it in the end!

Advice to Management

Keep hiring the best managers possible! I hope you pay them well because they deserve it! Offer a ski trip maybe!