The Campus Special - Former Account Executive | Glassdoor

"Former Account Executive"

Current Intern - Account Executive in Eugene, OR
Current Intern - Account Executive in Eugene, OR

I have been working at The Campus Special as an intern (Less than a year)

Pros

My summer working with the Campus Special was one of the most rewarding and beneficial internships I could have asked for. Although it was difficult at times, it was challenging in a way that leads to personal growth and development. It taught me confidence in myself and what I am capable of achieving. It was also fun to be able to go out into my community and work one-on-one with business owners. My manager was with me every step of the way, and was a constant support system throughout the summer. I was also able to connect with interns all over the country for advice and motivation, which really made the Campus Special into a small supportive community. It was a rewarding experience to gain hands on experience in the business world that you won’t get sitting behind a computer screen all summer. By the end of my internship, I knew that I had gained valuable skills and experiences that could help me in any career path I may choose to follow.

Cons

You are only going to be as successful as you push yourself to be! Sometimes it is though motivating yourself to work long hours, but there is always a support system behind you and proof that hard work does pay off!

Other Employee Reviews for The Campus Special

"The stepping stone to my professional career"

Current Employee - Account Executive in Indiana, PA
    Current Employee - Account Executive in Indiana, PA

I have been working at The Campus Special full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I could not be happier with my internship with The Campus Special. It gave me the best experience i have ever had with sales and marketing. If you work hard for them during the summer they will work hard for you after the summer in helping you get a job.

Cons

I would have to say the hours are very long and you work very hard. The managers ask a lot from you and you are expected to follow through with what they want

Advice to Management

Don't change,

"Great Experience"

Former Intern - Account Executive in Raleigh, NC
    Former Intern - Account Executive in Raleigh, NC

I worked at The Campus Special as an intern (Less than a year)

Pros

The Campus Special internship is one that I will never forget! Coming into this internship with no sales experience, I was definitely nervous. However, the training conference left me feeling confident and ready to jump into something I had never done before. Throughout the summer, I saw myself changing into a business professional, gaining skills that I’ll be able to use in any job I have in the future. Not only is the resume building great, but I have also made connections that I will have forever. The Campus Special managers care so much about their interns and will do everything it takes to help you succeed and have the best experience possible. Not to mention, The Campus Special makes sales so much fun. I will never forget being in second place for the iPad competition, shot gunning Red Bull, and sending videos of me singing Justin Bieber to the head office. But in all seriousness, I am now proud to show my resume to prospective employers because I have real numbers to prove how hard I work. This internship can help you land the job of your dreams if you are willing to work hard and be open to a new experience!

Cons

Long hours if you want to come out on top. What you put in is what you get out!

Advice to Management

Amazing job!