The Campus Special - Change Your Life with The Opportunity of a Lifetime | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for The Campus Special

"Change Your Life with The Opportunity of a Lifetime"

Former Intern - Account Executive in Ann Arbor, MI
Former Intern - Account Executive in Ann Arbor, MI

I worked at The Campus Special as an intern

Pros

The Campus Special summer internship was the most valuable experience I have had in my lifetime. The experiences and skills I gained have not only prepared me for beginning a job in the real world but have also molded me into a business professional. Furthermore, I have actual numbers to back up those skills that I now have on my resume such as "ranked #1 out of 400 account executives," or "sold $80,519 in revenue." Beyond this, there were a lot of things I learned that I didn't expect. Before the internship, I definitely wouldn't have been described as a positive person, but by the end of the summer, I had become so much more positive and now have a better outlook on life. I am more confident and can look back and know that I can pretty much do anything if I work hard and put my mind to it, and this is something I didn't truly believe before. Without this experience, I would not even be close to the place I am now. The internship has everything to do with my future and what opportunities I will now have. I'm currently getting a bachelor's degree in Psychology and Communication Studies at the University of Michigan, and prior to the internship I had no idea what I was going to do after graduation or how I was going to get a job. Now, with the experience I have under my belt and the numbers to back it up, I have had recruiters contacting me for full time positions and feel as if the sky is the limit. I am in a position where I will not only be able to get a job outside of college, but will have options. I find this unbelievable and I'm truly grateful for The Campus Special for providing me with a more promising future and helping to mold me into the person I am now.

Cons

It isn't easy, and you have to work very hard, but that is what makes it worthwhile and it ultimately gives you the most skills and experience.

Other Employee Reviews for The Campus Special

"Former Account Executive"

Current Intern - Account Executive in Eugene, OR
    Current Intern - Account Executive in Eugene, OR

I have been working at The Campus Special as an intern (Less than a year)

Pros

My summer working with the Campus Special was one of the most rewarding and beneficial internships I could have asked for. Although it was difficult at times, it was challenging in a way that leads to personal growth and development. It taught me confidence in myself and what I am capable of achieving. It was also fun to be able to go out into my community and work one-on-one with business owners. My manager was with me every step of the way, and was a constant support system throughout the summer. I was also able to connect with interns all over the country for advice and motivation, which really made the Campus Special into a small supportive community. It was a rewarding experience to gain hands on experience in the business world that you won’t get sitting behind a computer screen all summer. By the end of my internship, I knew that I had gained valuable skills and experiences that could help me in any career path I may choose to follow.

Cons

You are only going to be as successful as you push yourself to be! Sometimes it is though motivating yourself to work long hours, but there is always a support system behind you and proof that hard work does pay off!

"A SUMMER FULL OF EXPERIENCE!"

Former Intern - Account Executive in West Lafayette, IN
    Former Intern - Account Executive in West Lafayette, IN

I worked at The Campus Special as an intern (Less than a year)

Pros

It's hard to sum up an entire summer of hard work in only a few words, but an accurate one word description of my time as an Account Executive for The Campus Special would be: REWARDING. They are a fantastic company to work for. The team of managers guided and trained me to leave the summer not only an effective sales representative, but a more confident and responsible individual. The best thing about the Campus Special is when the summer is over, the company is still there for you. My manager wrote me an excellent letter of recommendation and the company put on a career workshop to give advice about interviews and resumes. I have my first interview with a Fortune 500 Company next week and I feel more than prepared thanks to The Campus Special!

Cons

Long hours, but still worth it!