The Campus Special - The stepping stone to my professional career | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for The Campus Special

"The stepping stone to my professional career"

Current Employee - Account Executive in Indiana, PA
Current Employee - Account Executive in Indiana, PA

I have been working at The Campus Special full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I could not be happier with my internship with The Campus Special. It gave me the best experience i have ever had with sales and marketing. If you work hard for them during the summer they will work hard for you after the summer in helping you get a job.

Cons

I would have to say the hours are very long and you work very hard. The managers ask a lot from you and you are expected to follow through with what they want

Advice to Management

Don't change,

Other Employee Reviews for The Campus Special

"Great Experience"

Former Intern - Account Executive in Raleigh, NC
    Former Intern - Account Executive in Raleigh, NC

I worked at The Campus Special as an intern (Less than a year)

Pros

The Campus Special internship is one that I will never forget! Coming into this internship with no sales experience, I was definitely nervous. However, the training conference left me feeling confident and ready to jump into something I had never done before. Throughout the summer, I saw myself changing into a business professional, gaining skills that I’ll be able to use in any job I have in the future. Not only is the resume building great, but I have also made connections that I will have forever. The Campus Special managers care so much about their interns and will do everything it takes to help you succeed and have the best experience possible. Not to mention, The Campus Special makes sales so much fun. I will never forget being in second place for the iPad competition, shot gunning Red Bull, and sending videos of me singing Justin Bieber to the head office. But in all seriousness, I am now proud to show my resume to prospective employers because I have real numbers to prove how hard I work. This internship can help you land the job of your dreams if you are willing to work hard and be open to a new experience!

Cons

Long hours if you want to come out on top. What you put in is what you get out!

Advice to Management

Amazing job!

"A real life, hands on experience! Best decision I ever made!!"

Current Employee - Account Executive in Cedar Falls, IA
    Current Employee - Account Executive in Cedar Falls, IA

I have been working at The Campus Special part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

-Rewarding - you get out what you put in!
    -Real-life experience - You're not filing papers or running errands. YOU do all of the work!
    -HUGE resume builder - Companies recognize C$; You can place personal/national stats; etc...
    -Ahead of the game - Most prospective sales students don't have this type of experience when they graduate!
    -Training - You attend a training conference where you learn the basics of the product and are well-prepared for the first day
    -Networking - You meet some many new friends, business owners, recruiters, and possible future employers
    -Opportunities within Career Partners - Campus Special is partnered up with more than 300 companies that are looking to hire from the top performers
    -Opportunities to travel - If you work hard, the managers realize that. You may get to travel to other states to assist with their market!

*If you work hard and produce results, the managers will work hard for you in return to assist with job searching, resume building, references, etc...

Cons

-Time
    consuming