The Campus Special - This Internship is LIFE CHANGING | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for The Campus Special

"This Internship is LIFE CHANGING"

Former Employee - Account Executive in Auburn, AL
Former Employee - Account Executive in Auburn, AL

I worked at The Campus Special (Less than a year)

Pros

CAMPUS SPECIAL CHANGED MY LIFE, and I knew it would from the first day of training conference. By the end of summer I had finished in the top 6% of all Account Executives nationwide and I couldn't have been more shocked or proud of myself. The knowledge and confidence you gain through this internship are priceless and you notice it not only in yourself, but others notice it in you. Building the Campus Special brand for your University whether you are a new market, renewal market, or the Campus Special has been around for years, is one of the most rewarding experiences. To look across campus and in the community and see people using what you worked so hard throughout the summer to provide for them is remarkable. When Campus Special says they will work hard for you if you work hard for them, they mean it. Being a graduate, I had Campus Special in mind for experience and a future career liaison. After the internship concluded, my resume was built and sent out to as many Career Partners as possible and within 2 days I had 15 phone calls that led to great opportunities. Your phone blows up, your interview skills are through the roof compared to other graduates, and your career possibilities are endless. I chose the perfect job for me through Campus Special Career Partners and am beyond thankful for the Campus Special opportunity! Without them, I wouldn't be where I am today. GO FOR IT! YOU WON"T REGRET IT!

Cons

You need to be very self disciplined, time effective, and ready for anything/anyone that is thrown your way. Don't let that discourage you, being an Account Executive teaches you to overcome all those things!

Advice to Management

Get more rest! :)

Other Employee Reviews for The Campus Special

"A Marketing Opportunity You CANNOT Miss Out On!"

Former Intern - Account Executive in Champaign, IL
    Former Intern - Account Executive in Champaign, IL

I worked at The Campus Special as an intern (Less than a year)

Pros

I have never worked with a company like Campus Special in my life! All of the employees 100% have your back, motivate you everyday, stand by your side through thick and thin, and I can gladly call all of them my friends. Campus Special's core values are seen throughout the entire business as all employees and interns love the company they work for and are willing to do whatever it takes to keep Campus Special as the #1 college marketing firm in America! This past summer was full of new and exciting tasks, pressed my organizational skills to the maximum, required the hardest work I've ever put into a position, introduced me to hundreds of people that I know and love, and most importantly, has shaped me into a hard-working, dedicated, driven student that knows exactly what she wants to do when she graduates... and that is SALES! I love Campus Special and you will too!

Cons

This internship isn't handed to you. You cannot succeed unless you push yourself to do the best that you can. This internship requires self-motivation, determination, and persistence. Keep in mind, the challenges of this internship is what makes you appreciate the never-ending rewards!

Advice to Management

Continue to push your reps to their fullest potential and keep being amazing role models for us!

"The Campus Special changed my life."

Former Intern - Account Executive in Oshkosh, WI
    Former Intern - Account Executive in Oshkosh, WI

I worked at The Campus Special as an intern

Pros

This internship honestly changed my life. I have never felt more confident in myself and the skills that I learned this summer will be with me for the rest of my life. The summer of 2012 was the most challenging and invigorating summer I have ever experienced. The training conference was a great experience as well and the networking opportunities with this internship were tremendous. Not only did I get to network with students from universities across the U.S., but also with business owners in my college town. I am so excited to proudly feature my internship with the Campus Special on my resume.

Cons

There were no cons in working with the Campus Special.