The Canton Group - The opportunity of a lifetime. | Glassdoor

Find your next job here

There are newer employer reviews for The Canton Group

"The opportunity of a lifetime."

Current Employee - Lead Software Engineer in Baltimore, MD
Current Employee - Lead Software Engineer in Baltimore, MD

I have been working at The Canton Group full-time (More than a year)

Pros

At The Canton Group, you make your own job. You want to change the world? Then go for it, you'll get the support you need. This is the place I needed in this point in my career- a place that values hard work, creativity, and technical skill.

Cons

I honestly can't think of any cons for working here. The only con I can come up with is that if you're not an Alpha Type personality, you're going to feel overrun at the Canton Group. Its a very free and open environment, which means you have to be on top of your game to survive. If you can't work in this atmosphere, if you need a lot of attention or guidance, it may not be the best place for you.

Advice to Management

Keep stretching the limit!

Other Employee Reviews for The Canton Group

1. "TEAM work makes the DREAM Work!"

Current Employee - Business Development in Baltimore, MD
    Current Employee - Business Development in Baltimore, MD

I have been working at The Canton Group full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The Canton Group offers ANY person a copious amount of education and opportunity on your chosen career track whether you are a techy in development, an account executive/project manager with a passion for customer service, or in business development creating new in roads we all work as a team to create an environment of resolve, growth, and prosperity. I genuinely believe CG inherently recognizes each team members strengths and makes certain to utilize those skills in compliment to the other members of the team to bring our clients and partners the very best innovative solution(s).

I find that I truly have an opportunity to be a part of something bigger than myself that helps organizations both small and large streamline their own efforts and become a better organization. With the knowledge that I work on a team to make other teams more operable and effective gives me a great deal of fulfillment. Plus, my teammates and the CEO are cool and we laugh a lot! Work is fun and offers me a great deal of work life balance. Since CG is such an integral part of the Baltimore Community and Networking scene there is never a shortage of activities to do outside of 9-5! The fact that CG started 20 years ago in the heart of Canton/Baltimore gives it a reputation that proceeds itself and I am welcomed with open arms anywhere I go.

I am very grateful to have an opportunity to grow personally and professionally with The Canton Group. It has been an invaluable experience thus far, and one I hope lasts with the ages!

Cons

My only con would be that I wish we could meet in person more often. I am in communications and know how important being in touch with folks can be in an environment where we rely heavily on collective thought solutions between our wide array of vast professional skill sets. Meeting in person would be ideal but with work all of the US that just isnt possible. While we are based in Baltimore MD and our two offices are a stone's throw from each other we still have professionals all over and work via phone and video a great deal to get the job done throughout the nation every day. However, working remotely at times has its definite PROS as well! I am not complaining. I simply mean to say that being a team of solution oriented professionals by nature we could probably solve world issues if my team was in the same room together long enough! :)

Advice to Management

More Happy Hours! ;)

2. "The Canton Group - An Outstanding Employer"

Current Contractor - Consultant
    Current Contractor - Consultant

I have been working at The Canton Group as a contractor (More than a year)

Pros

As a West Point graduate and retired Army officer, I find character and integrity to be the most essential traits in an employer. Having worked with the Canton Group CEO, Ethan Kazi, for nearly a year, Ethan not only meets these criteria but I have yet to encounter any other employee who does not. Almost as critical is corporate environment which I have experienced to be exceptionally relaxing and, thus, conducive to greater productivity.

Cons

None noted at this time.

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work.