The Carlyle Group - Coordinator | Glassdoor
  1. "Coordinator"

I worked at The Carlyle Group full-time

Pros

Room for growth, excellent manager, challenging work

Cons

Cannot think of any negatives

The Carlyle Group2018-05-14
  1. "Friendly coworkers. Great hours"

Current Employee - Front Desk Receptionist in New York, NY

I have been working at The Carlyle Group full-time for more than a year

Pros

Friendly coworkers. clear expectations. great hours

Cons

Job not stimulating enough. a bit boring

The Carlyle Group2019-10-02
  2. "Bait and Switch"

Current Employee - Sales Representative

I have been working at The Carlyle Group full-time for more than a year

Pros

People are the best part of the company. People are supportive and care about what they do. My manager seems to care about my success and happiness at the company. Good car reimbursement program.

Cons

You must wait 3 months for health insurance. If I’m fully investing in the company, why aren’t they fully investing in me? Only 2 weeks of vacation to start, regardless of your position Management works all hours including weekends and they expect the same from you. Do not believe them if they say they care about “work life balance” Shared rooms with coworkers for company events, who even does this? Every... salesman is overloaded and underpaid. They purposely make monthly commission unobtainable. Some of my coworkers have had to get second jobs to support their families. Complete mess internally - high level directors suddenly fired or let go, poor customer service and ordering process, outdated systems. Concerns or solutions to the internal problems are not taken seriously and/or not heard by management. No management of accounts - duplicates and incorrect account assignments make it impossible to see which sales you get credit for and which you don’t. Inside sales versus outside sales competition for established accounts. Salesmen are given an enormous amount of administrative and customer service work which takes away 30-50% of each salesmen’s time.

Advice to Management

Do the right thing and make reasonable goals for your employees and stop cheating good, hardworking people out of making a decent living and providing for their families. Stop buying up good companies and spitting them out. Take time to fix your systems before you lose everything you thought you gained with another acquisition.

The Carlyle Group2019-10-08

Discover more reviews about The Carlyle Group.