The Carson Center for Human Services - In decline | Glassdoor

"In decline"

I worked at The Carson Center for Human Services full-time (More than a year)

Pros

What I liked most was working with the TBI population, working with the team and being able to work independently. When I started out this place was the best except for the pay. Declined rapidly after a number of people left. Agency is going through a lot of changes due to changes in legislation in regards to TBI population. When I left place was becoming chaotic and staff turnover issues were really starting to be a problem. Staff morale also was on the decline when I left.

Cons

Lack of leadership, direction and training. Area of brain injury rehab is rapidly changing and some people, especially in management, find this change hard. I think its an exciting time to be working with the population.

Advice to Management

Look for ways to get excited about change. Give more direction and reward talent even if it doesn't involve giving more money. Think out of the box and be involved in change instead of being afraid of it. Take time to commend people for their commitment to the TBI population. Be careful not to discourage by making derogatory comments about what the agency currently pays you but look for ways to build up your team by looking for other ways to motivate yourself. Don't be sour about your "favorite" employees who left and above all don't play favorites. Very bad for morale..

Other Employee Reviews for The Carson Center for Human Services

1. "Poor Upper Management"

I worked at The Carson Center for Human Services full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Very supportive staff within each department.

Cons

Supervisors did not have any say in how their programs were run. Employees has to pay upfront for mileage and then the company was months behind in reimbursements.

2. "Receptionist"

Former Employee - Peer Mentor in Wales, MA
    Former Employee - Peer Mentor in Wales, MA

I worked at The Carson Center for Human Services (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great staff, nice clients, well kept working areas, good sick/personal time nice work schedule.

Cons

HORRIBLE pay. No raises no room for promotion.

Advice to Management

Get rid of CEO !!