The Children's Place - terrible | Glassdoor

"terrible"

Current Employee - Assistant Store Manager in Yonkers, NY
Current Employee - Assistant Store Manager in Yonkers, NY

I have been working at The Children's Place full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

employees and co workers are cool

Cons

turnover and looking to fire employees

Advice to Management

look further into store matters

Other Employee Reviews for The Children's Place

1. "Not the worst job."

Current Employee - Sales Associate in Aurora, IL
    Current Employee - Sales Associate in Aurora, IL

I have been working at The Children's Place part-time (More than a year)

Pros

A generally upbeat environment. There is a camaraderie among associates, and my store manager is usually very positive. Typically understanding of flexibility needs.

Cons

There are a lot of politics going around management, and it's easy for the associates to get dragged into it.

Corporate doesn't seem to be very understanding of what it's actually like to work in one of their stores, and often demands (on short or no notice) large changes in the store, that must be done in one night.

On-Call shifts are a major pain. I hate not knowing if I have to work until an hour before. It makes plans impossible.

The "Yes I Can" policy tramples over every other company policy. There are sometimes situations with customers when, according to "Yes I Can," I should do what they want me to do, even though it's been made perfectly clear that breaking X policy can result in termination. It leaves associates conflicted.

Raises are a joke. After working there a full year and getting a good review ("exceeds expectations" in one category and "meets expectations" in all others), I got a raise of 22 cents.

Advice to Management

Give more notice and allow more payroll for PPP, window, and floorset changes.

"Family Centric? Yeah right"

Current Employee - Store Manager in Denver, CO
    Current Employee - Store Manager in Denver, CO

I have been working at The Children's Place full-time (More than a year)

Pros

fashion forward clothing at a reasonable price. i loved my clientele base that i was able to build while working there

Cons

poor wages. long hours with no overtime pay as a salaried mgr. they just did a re structure and several ppl lost their jobs. the upper management never cared to invest in the associates on staff when they came in, just management. they say they stand for family values- but in an effort to make an extra buck- they made all outside "street entrance" stores open for business on easter.

Advice to Management

care more about the people who work their tails off for you.