The Children's Place - Run away FAST! | Glassdoor

"Run away FAST!"

Current Employee - Key Holder
Current Employee - Key Holder

I have been working at The Children's Place full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Honestly, If you have no other choice than to work here would be a pro. The discount is whatever since the prices are already painfully low.

Cons

The price point is low, so that allows for low payroll hours. There are no hours given for shipment received. The price point changes are vague and visual marketing is confusing. Also no extra hours given for sign changes. Coming from Justice, this company is severely lacking. Over communication of pointless things and lacking communication of important things. There is a lot of stress on the associates to complete multiple tasks and they only get like 8 hours a week. Over worked, probably under paid, and under appreciated. As a key-holder I definitely feel the pressure to complete a lot of tasks and feel the pain of the associates. I'm currently seeking another job and will leave here as soon as I can. The merchandise is good quality, the customers (at my location, I can't speak for others) are awful, cheap, demanding, and rude, dare I throw out a "racist" since no one ever wants my help but will gladly try to complain to corporate that I was a racist to them. I'm a hardworking employee raised by two United States Marines. I have the work ethic to go very far and won't stay at this company to chase my own tail. Such a letdown, because this company could be great.

Advice to Management

Raise your price point so that you can afford more hours to payroll. You have way too many demands and don't realize how long it takes to do these tasks.

Other Employee Reviews for The Children's Place

"Can be very rewarding with the right leadership in place."

I have been working at The Children's Place full-time

Pros

- Very good pay for retail industry.
    - Employee discount was just increased.
    - Excellent product for the price.
    - Can be lots of fun when the right leaders are in place.
    - There are a couple of really great DM's in place.

Cons

- Large disconnect between corporate and store level in what it is actually like to be in a store and how long tasks realistically take to comlete (i.e. 7500 HDMD's, rearranging all shelving and product within the stockroom, etc.).
    - Surprise huge projects and moving up deadlines don't allow for proper amount of planning or execution.
    - Culture is supposed to be customer-centered and service based. However, "busy work" assigned to store leaders such as multiple tracking spreadhsheets, picture projects, conference calls and way too emails make it virtually impossible for customer to be the main priority.
    -DM's get moved around too much and they all want things done differently. As soon as we get used to the way one DM like's it done, we get a new DM who wants things done just the opposite.

Advice to Management

- Stop creating unnecessary, extra side projects for store level leaders. Let us focus on our teams, and most importantly the customer.
    - Stop spending money on multiple conference calls, corporate travel, wasteful and excessing marketing and things that really don't make a difference on the amount of profit produced. Spend it in the stores where the business happens. Provide stores with a sufficient amount of payroll to get the job done right.
    - Lastly, if you would like us to stop having a "sea of signs", then simply stop running so many different promos. Changing 100's of different promos on the entire store once per week is too time consuming. It is confusing for both the staff and the customers when there are 4 literally different promos running on just Big Girl's shorts alone.

2. "Decent Experiance"

Former Employee - Sales Associate
    Former Employee - Sales Associate

I worked at The Children's Place part-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Awesome managers, pay, time off, understanding company.

Cons

Strict rules not adhered to, customer usually gets away with murder.

Advice to Management

Stick to the rules and regulations set forth by the home office.