The Children's Place - FUN | Glassdoor

"FUN"

Former Employee - Sales Associate in Jacksonville, FL
Former Employee - Sales Associate in Jacksonville, FL

I worked at The Children's Place part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Very nice co-workers and managers. Customers are usually always friendly. Pay was decent. Very easy work.

Cons

Children destroying the store. Parents allowing their kids to run around and destroy things. Register was not the easiest to use.

Advice to Management

Management was great.

Other Employee Reviews for The Children's Place

1. "Ok, but very demanding."

Former Employee - Stock Associate in Mesquite, TX
    Former Employee - Stock Associate in Mesquite, TX

I worked at The Children's Place part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great co-workers, friendly customers, good discount.

Cons

I personally worked on stock. It was very demanding when you have to "beat the box". They told me we have to process 10 or more boxes an hour. Usually worked a 4 hour shift a day, so they wanted me to do 40 boxes in that 4-hour shift. I can't do 10 boxes an hour and attend the customers if they need me searching for a different size in the back. Its just ridiculous the time we have to process each box. They never really trained you properly and wanted you to know how everything was supposed to go (for example: is it hanged or folded, censored or not, on the floor or the back). By the time you learned everything a new season floor set and clothes came in, now you have to learn the new one too. On our store we have to many new hires and associates who were already there suffered major hour cuts. I was stock and I still had to help them with redoing the floor sets all through the night until 4-5 a.m. They also had set goals to sell so many place cards or such and such, very unrealistic goals to begin with. If they thought you were not promoting it at every customer coming in through the doors you were yelled at. It was always unorganized in the back, I tried to re-organize everything I could but the next day it would be messy again, so I quit trying.

Advice to Management

Review everything to make it more easy going on your associates and have a good amount of workers and not just hire a ton of new people and then everybody suffers from low hours.

"One of the worst companies I have ever worked for"

Former Employee - Executive in Secaucus, NJ
    Former Employee - Executive in Secaucus, NJ

I worked at The Children's Place full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I find it difficult to name a pro. Micro-Management down to the thread selection on the garment. Merchandisers have little to no say in process or in the final collection. The amount of double-triple-quadruple work is unbelievable. CEO is a horrific person with zero regard to the staff, this is clear in the high turnover and the revolving door of executives that have either left quickly or were fired.

Cons

Cons – Everything down to the negative attitude of everyone and disregard of personal time. Zero work/life balance; 80+ hour work week expectations. Always worked weekends and as late as 2am in order to meet unrealistic expectations. Most people were very unhappy with work environment and management.