The Children's Place - Great company to work for with great benefits | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for The Children's Place

"Great company to work for with great benefits"

Former Employee - Assistant Store Manager in Riverdale, UT
Former Employee - Assistant Store Manager in Riverdale, UT

I worked at The Children's Place full-time (More than a year)

Pros

They are a very organized business and you received 17 days of paid vacation and 7 days of paid sick leave

Cons

They rearranged the store quite often and they set sales even more often and had short deadlines that we were expected to meet.

Advice to Management

It would be nice if the people that made the decisions on how the store needed to be set up for sales had actually set them themselves because they were really hard to set and a lot of unneccessary changes.

Other Employee Reviews for The Children's Place

"Disappointing."

I have been working at The Children's Place full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Team environment on store level.
    Salary and bonus.

Cons

Payroll cut hugely in comparison to last year's budgets. An outlet store cannot run on 2 person coverage. Customers are leaving because they don't want to wait in the long line. Shoplifting is increasing because theives are discovering the lack of coverage. Impossible to do floorset, markdowns, process shipment, provide excellent service, LP awareness on 2 person coverage. Qaulity staff leaves due to lack of hours. Current DSM is unprofessional and rude. Direct quotes include "this store is disgusting", "that's the worst display I've ever seen ", "I hate it", "when you don't make sales plan, it is like taking food out of my child's mouth."

Advice to Management

Treat others how you want to be treated.

Stop with the favoritism.

Stop micro-managing.

Stop cutting payroll budgets. You are actually losing money in doing so.

Start acknowledging for a job well done.

Don't allow professional bullying to take place.

2. "Task Driven Childrens Retail"

Former Employee - Management in Baltimore, MD
    Former Employee - Management in Baltimore, MD

I worked at The Children's Place full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The brand representatives have close family-like relationship within each store. We are cross trained in every aspect of the retail business from direct customer sevice, cash handling, merchandising in addition to shipping and receiving. If retail is your career of choice the company works hard to develop you for upper management postions.

Cons

The environment is extremely task driven.As a result we tend to have a high tunrover rate. If you are not a multi-tasker this is not the ideal enviornment. Their seems to be a lack in communication between the workload our home office requires in a time frame and what we can actually product in the store in that designated time frame.

Advice to Management

I wish HQ would ask brand reps for suggestions on how to improve existing merchandsie or what things would encourage company retention.