The Children's Place - Went downhill quickly | Glassdoor

"Went downhill quickly"

Former Employee - Sales Lead
Former Employee - Sales Lead

I worked at The Children's Place part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I initially liked my job at the Children's Place. Worked part time as a sales associate before getting promoted to sales lead. Seems to be small room for working up in the company. Pretty good about scheduling for sales associates.

Cons

The entire staff I worked with was entirely female, with one guy in the back doing stock, extremely sexist. Working with so many girls got irritating, especially since they're young and immature.
Got written up for being physically assaulted and threatened because "I needed to watch the way I spoke to people." I never had any other complaints. Got ganged up on by other management so I quit and found an easier job with higher pay than my management pay.

Advice to Management

Needs to be a more diverse staff to benefit the company and the employees. Higher pay for physically demanding position.

Other Employee Reviews for The Children's Place

1. "ok for a part time job"

Former Employee - Cashier
    Former Employee - Cashier

I worked at The Children's Place part-time (More than a year)

Pros

ok if you just need a small job

Cons

don't plan on working here long term unless you want to put up with corporate rules changing all the time
    only get raises once a year

Advice to Management

i had great management, very understanding

"Wouldn't Do It Again"

Former Employee - Sales Associate
    Former Employee - Sales Associate

I worked at The Children's Place part-time

Pros

VERY flexible scheduling! Retail experience.

Cons

Had to brown-nose the manager for more hours. Manager was very bi-polar. They would criticize employees on the work they do, even if they never trained us properly to do it their way to begin with. Training was too short and didn't take time to train more. The lead they had training the new employees was rude, haughty, prideful, and often gave attitude when you didn't know how to do anything. The mgmt would tell employees not to talk during their shift but we would find them in the back chit chatting about their weekend and men.

Advice to Management

If you're gonna make someone a lead, promote someone who is personable and do their job well instead of thinking they're better than everyone. Also, mgmt should be fair, and make their employees enjoy working with/for them.