The Children's Place - If you are looking for a company that is task driven vs sales driven, this is the company to work for. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for The Children's Place

"If you are looking for a company that is task driven vs sales driven, this is the company to work for."

Former Employee - Store Manager
Former Employee - Store Manager

I worked at The Children's Place full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Resources and tools to help drive business were accessible.

Cons

Hours are minimal for the amount of tasks that are expected daily. As we know retail can be a very challenging job when it comes to hours allocation to the stores tasks. TCP never supported the store to complete floorsets, markdowns, pos sale set up, and shipment processing. Leaving very little focus or even actual associates to provide any kind of customer experience.
Assortment of clothing each season do not change much. Repeat customers would get frustrated seeing the same items over and over again.

Advice to Management

Look at the hours given to stores. Visit store unannounced to see the real picture. So much payroll goes into store visits from RM and above when in reality all stores should be visit ready at all times. Invest in the stores so that customer service truly can be a focus over the task.
A training program for management candidates is desperately needed. Get all management to be on same page during the on boarding process.

Other Employee Reviews for The Children's Place

1. "great for college students and stay at home moms"

Former Employee - Sales Associate in Dallas, TX
    Former Employee - Sales Associate in Dallas, TX

I worked at The Children's Place part-time (More than a year)

Pros

flexible work hours, great discounts

Cons

short work shifts, minimum pay for associates without retail experience

"Overworked and under appreciated"

Current Employee - Corp Manager Level in Secaucus, NJ
    Current Employee - Corp Manager Level in Secaucus, NJ

I have been working at The Children's Place full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I have worked for a lot of vertical retail companies and they all have a number of challenges but TCP exceeded all my expectations in terms of the number of challenges I encountered.

They did not put a clause in my contract that I would l have to stay a year otherwise I would have to play my relocation back

Cons

The managements has no vision on how to grow the business unless you consider that fact that they want to reduce the costing to improve margins or share buyback to improve EPS year over year.

When you attend a quarterly review and all the talk is about reducing the quality of the merchandise to reduce the first cost price its very concerning. If you are reducing costs with costs are going in the entire market they you are going against the tide. You can move every program to Africa to get your costing done......can you

Advice to Management

LIsten to all the call outs that were made in the culture survey and you ever going to release the results to the company.
    SAP retail....what company in North America is investing on a software program for retail that no one in the industry uses.