The Children's Place - Way too much expected | Glassdoor

"Way too much expected"

Former Employee - Stock Supervisor in Phoenix, AZ
Former Employee - Stock Supervisor in Phoenix, AZ

I worked at The Children's Place part-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Discount on clothes for your children

Cons

This company pays way too little and expects way too much.I worked there for a total of 5 years and I was there longer than all of the other employees combined. High turnover usually means not a good company to work for. In this case that was very true. It worked for me until they changed the availability requirements. I no longer met the requirements so I was thrown away without so much as a thank you.

Advice to Management

Please think about the people that actually run your stores and not just $$$$ dollar signs.

Other Employee Reviews for The Children's Place

"It was one of the worst experiences that I had working in the retail field."

Former Employee - Assistant Store Manager in Sacramento, CA
    Former Employee - Assistant Store Manager in Sacramento, CA

I worked at The Children's Place full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The stores are cute and design very well, it allows you to get to know your customers on a first name basis.

Cons

Doesn't develop its managers or its associates talent wise, and has unrealistic workloads, upper management unaware of what's happening in their stores. Not a team oriented company. High turnover with Associates due to livable hours, no benefits or vacation sick time for associates. Work life balance is almost nonexistent.

Advice to Management

This company has too many chiefs not enough Indians, management needs to make somebody in charge and allowing them to hold other accountable, there too many people doing one person's job. Take care of your leads in your associates they are the heart and soul of your company.

"If you are looking for a company that is task driven vs sales driven, this is the company to work for."

Former Employee - Store Manager
    Former Employee - Store Manager

I worked at The Children's Place full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Resources and tools to help drive business were accessible.

Cons

Hours are minimal for the amount of tasks that are expected daily. As we know retail can be a very challenging job when it comes to hours allocation to the stores tasks. TCP never supported the store to complete floorsets, markdowns, pos sale set up, and shipment processing. Leaving very little focus or even actual associates to provide any kind of customer experience.
    Assortment of clothing each season do not change much. Repeat customers would get frustrated seeing the same items over and over again.

Advice to Management

Look at the hours given to stores. Visit store unannounced to see the real picture. So much payroll goes into store visits from RM and above when in reality all stores should be visit ready at all times. Invest in the stores so that customer service truly can be a focus over the task.
    A training program for management candidates is desperately needed. Get all management to be on same page during the on boarding process.