The Children's Place - It was one of the worst experiences that I had working in the retail field. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for The Children's Place

"It was one of the worst experiences that I had working in the retail field."

Former Employee - Assistant Store Manager in Sacramento, CA
Former Employee - Assistant Store Manager in Sacramento, CA

I worked at The Children's Place full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The stores are cute and design very well, it allows you to get to know your customers on a first name basis.

Cons

Doesn't develop its managers or its associates talent wise, and has unrealistic workloads, upper management unaware of what's happening in their stores. Not a team oriented company. High turnover with Associates due to livable hours, no benefits or vacation sick time for associates. Work life balance is almost nonexistent.

Advice to Management

This company has too many chiefs not enough Indians, management needs to make somebody in charge and allowing them to hold other accountable, there too many people doing one person's job. Take care of your leads in your associates they are the heart and soul of your company.

Other Employee Reviews for The Children's Place

1. "great for college students and stay at home moms"

Former Employee - Sales Associate in Dallas, TX
    Former Employee - Sales Associate in Dallas, TX

I worked at The Children's Place part-time (More than a year)

Pros

flexible work hours, great discounts

Cons

short work shifts, minimum pay for associates without retail experience

2. "Overworked and under appreciated"

Current Employee - Corp Manager Level in Secaucus, NJ
    Current Employee - Corp Manager Level in Secaucus, NJ

I have been working at The Children's Place full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I have worked for a lot of vertical retail companies and they all have a number of challenges but TCP exceeded all my expectations in terms of the number of challenges I encountered.

They did not put a clause in my contract that I would l have to stay a year otherwise I would have to play my relocation back

Cons

The managements has no vision on how to grow the business unless you consider that fact that they want to reduce the costing to improve margins or share buyback to improve EPS year over year.

When you attend a quarterly review and all the talk is about reducing the quality of the merchandise to reduce the first cost price its very concerning. If you are reducing costs with costs are going in the entire market they you are going against the tide. You can move every program to Africa to get your costing done......can you

Advice to Management

LIsten to all the call outs that were made in the culture survey and you ever going to release the results to the company.
    SAP retail....what company in North America is investing on a software program for retail that no one in the industry uses.