The Children's Place - I love working with customers, we have such great priced awesome clothes and I work with a wonderful staff!!! | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for The Children's Place

"I love working with customers, we have such great priced awesome clothes and I work with a wonderful staff!!!"

Current Employee - Sales-Asspciate in Hazelwood, MO
Current Employee - Sales-Asspciate in Hazelwood, MO

I have been working at The Children's Place part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great clothes, great variety, wonderful prices and a great crew to work with that gets a long very well.

Cons

Call in shifts. If your on the schudule as a call in and you plan your day around it. You call 2 hours before the shift woyld begin. I have been told they didnt need me everytime i had a call in shift and missed out on a lot of family events because if it.

Advice to Management

Have less employess so we can get more that 5-10 hours mazimum weekly.

Other Employee Reviews for The Children's Place

1. "standard"

Current Employee - Sales Associate in Palmdale, CA
    Current Employee - Sales Associate in Palmdale, CA

I have been working at The Children's Place part-time (More than a year)

Pros

very friendly and great work environment

Cons

you are doing more work than the pay you receive

Advice to Management

I believe that since it is majority of a children's and family environment that we should try to work more as a team but it seems everyone is kind of on their own assignments which is fine but I think more work would be able to get done with more of a team effort.

2. "Confusing"

Current Employee - Sales Associate in Nashville, TN
    Current Employee - Sales Associate in Nashville, TN

I have been working at The Children's Place part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Flexible schedule, good coworkers, nice discount, good product, comfortable atmosphere, relaxed, easy job, good benefits

Cons

There is no support of staff by corporate. Stores do not receive enough payroll hours to keep up with loss prevention. Too much is focused on annoying the customer rather than actually assisting them. Corporate also attempts to have the stores compete rather than work together, which makes little sense because everyone is really on the same team. The Children's Place also doesn't seem to understand the need for equal opportunity clothing.

Advice to Management

Support your staff, give them payroll hours. No one wants to work for a company which does not give them the chance to work, after all that's why they applied. You also shouldn't try to make stores so competitive but rather you should have stores compete with other children's clothing stores. Also, change the color palate from hot pink and glitter to more mature colors and we won't start losing customers at age 10.
    You should also provide girls and boys with the same clothing opportunities. Why are there no superhero shirts directed at young girls?