The Children's Place - Not in a miilion years! | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for The Children's Place

"Not in a miilion years!"

Former Employee - SSM in Chicago, IL
Former Employee - SSM in Chicago, IL

I worked at The Children's Place full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

The only pro is the PTO package. If you get to use it. The blackout period is just about all year long!!!!!

Cons

This is the absolute most dysfuntional retail companies I have ever been employed for in my life. They use the salaried management position to get all of the workload done. They ended the co-manager salaried postions for 90% of the company with a plan to use and abuse the remaining salaried position left. We are threatened, bullied and work out of fear to perform. They have unrealistic expectaions and expect to get that work load done immediately. Hours are at bare minimal "as our D.M. puts it" and expect us to recruit at the drop of a dime. Well my question is, how can you have a positive attitude to recruit for a compnay that you have grown to depsise? How can you have a positive outlook for your future when you head is spinning out of control. This will lead to no work life balance and getting menatally and physically drained. I am not one to complain but needed to get the word out that the Children's Place is not commpany to work for if yo value your life. I was embarrassed to even admit I work for that company and am glad I was smart enough to move on. I feel sorry for the next victim to work for this so called company.

Other Employee Reviews for The Children's Place

"Current leadership wave from the Gap/Old Navy are an unprofessional "boys club"."

Former Employee - District Manager in Jersey City, NJ
    Former Employee - District Manager in Jersey City, NJ

I worked at The Children's Place full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The Store Managers work harder than any other retail company out there. They are good people who don't realize their worth. The product is good for the quality and price but the way the teams are worked and under-appreciated to get the merchandise on the sales floor and sold is not fair.

Cons

The current leadership "wave" is unqualified. Everyone was put into position one level higher than they were at the Gap. They are not ready for their current roles and they cover for eachother-even HR, when big issues such as abuse and discrimination are brought to light.

Advice to Management

Jane Elfers and Natalie Levy are AMAZING retailers! They can find better stores leadership and make The Children's Place a top company to work for if they only bring in quality stores leadership.

2. "Rude managers, gossiping workplace"

Former Employee - Sales Associate in Brooklyn, NY
    Former Employee - Sales Associate in Brooklyn, NY

I worked at The Children's Place part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Employee discount and coupons were the best and came in quite handy

Cons

they have no hours to give so pay isn't great, managers gossip and there's no room for growth

Advice to Management

to actually be Managers...