The Children's Place - If you value your family...run, now! | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for The Children's Place

"If you value your family...run, now!"

Former Employee - Store Manager
Former Employee - Store Manager

I worked at The Children's Place full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Good benefits, PTO (though you won't be able to use it all), made great friendships

Cons

The work-load is ridiculous. The mandatory holidays and weekends kill any hope for family time. The company is very re-active to business trends and that means last minute notice on events, sales, promotions, ect.- this equates to long nights and unforeseen times that a store manager is required to work. My family suffered silently for years, until the damage was done and I was left with no social life and no husband.

Other Employee Reviews for The Children's Place

"Most of the job consists of recovering the store which is always a mess. Company has made refunds of merchandise hard"

I have been working at The Children's Place part-time

Pros

A good discount but no comraderie because everyone hates it.

Cons

Poor management, no lunch outside the building, scrubbing the bathroom...a public bathroom...I don't think so;

Advice to Management

Hire someone to do just recovery so associates can deal with customers. There is no training on anything, its just a big joke, then when you have a question they just look at you

"Great for part-time, Don't make a career with this company"

Current Employee - Sales Associate
    Current Employee - Sales Associate

I have been working at The Children's Place part-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Very friendly managers
    Worked with my school schedule
    Always a sale on top of my discount
    Some very sweet customers

Cons

What ever PTO and Sick time y'all are talking about? I've never heard of such as just an ASSOCIATE.

-DMs and above are awful- they have absolutely no idea what it is like to work in the actual store and they set unrealistic expectations such as counting how many mesh bags we give out, merchandise 40+ boxes a shipment WHILE greeting every customer, keeping the store picked up and meeting sales goals.
    -Hassling every customer for Rewards club, Place Card, Phone & Email
    -Too many boxes of shipment at one time
    -No payroll hours to meet the demand of the business and those unrealistic goals
    -Poor/Slow return policy and procedures: everything is down by hand and cannot scan receipts as in every other store.
    -Staying in the business past time of clocking out so emails can get sent to DMs
    -Getting fussed at if you go over payroll even by a minute or two
    -Constant floor set changes and resetting sales
    -Grouchy customers when they don't get their way
    -Overwhelming floorsets
    -No pay raise (not even for managers) because store goals were not met on any level

Advice to Management

Work in a store before you step foot in a supervisory role, stop sending so much shipment every day and expect it to be done along with meeting your sales goals, recreate your return procedures and make them fast, easy and smooth. Stop making us hassle customers, they just want to check out!