The Children's Place - Was an All right company | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for The Children's Place

"Was an All right company"

Former Employee - Sales Associate
Former Employee - Sales Associate

I worked at The Children's Place part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

co workers were very helpful including managers. The shifts went by very fast most of time, got a break. everyone was very understanding

Cons

paid ever 2 weeks. Seasonal position only folded clothes was boring and frusterating, didn't get the opportunity to give it a try

Advice to Management

give notice for seasonal position ending, let seasonal people try register may prove they are really good at it when the people on register need help when the store gets extremely busy

Other Employee Reviews for The Children's Place

1. "Company does not care for its employees"

I have been working at The Children's Place part-time

Pros

The associates I worked with were amazing and discount was pretty good. Gained a lot of management experience.

Cons

They give store little to no payroll with a huge workload, leaving managers to do everything. Especially in a high volume store, there should not only be one manager and one associate on a Saturday. They give you so little, that the store is left a mess. When you ask for support, they tell you deal with it. Moving up with the company is also a joke unless your willing to wait 5-7 years.

Advice to Management

Give your employees the support they need.

2. "Underpaid and under appreciated. I wish I could give it negative stars."

Former Employee - Stock Room Supervisor
    Former Employee - Stock Room Supervisor

I worked at The Children's Place part-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

I worked there when my kids were little to get the discount.

Cons

This company is all about the almighty dollar, theirs, not yours. I worked at The Children's Place as a stockroom supervisor for 5 years. In that time the raises that I received totaled 63 cents per hour. I pretty much processed every single piece of merchandise that came into the store by myself. I worked overnight shifts to get floorsets finished with just myself and one other person. I stood on ladders that were not tall enough or safe enough to be on after working all night to get their ridiculous signs hung in the window and nearly fell off from exhaustion countless times. (By the way, I watched as they fought with someone who got injured on the job and practically refused to let it be covered by worker's comp). And after several years of putting up with their crap I was let go (mind you, I had been at the store longer than everyone else who worked there combined) because I refused to open my availability to be able to work both Saturday and Sunday from open to close. This is absolutely the worst company that I have ever worked for.

Advice to Management

Think about your employees who work tirelessly, sometimes without any breaks at all to meet your ridiculous deadlines. You cannot do a full floorset with all new merchandise, markdowns, window changes and mannequin changes and help customers to meet your sales goals on 120 hours for the week. Why do you think your turnover is so high? I have never met anyone who was happy to be working for the Children's Place.