The Children's Place - Not bad not good | Glassdoor

"Not bad not good"

Former Employee - Anonymous
Former Employee - Anonymous

Pros

Very open schedule, easy work

Cons

Unorganized , don't train you at all, favor ism was actually fired even though I had not ever gotten written up and took on extra shifts

Advice to Management

Listen to your employees and be fair

Other Employee Reviews for The Children's Place

1. "There is room to grow"

Former Employee - Assistant Manager in Destin, FL
    Former Employee - Assistant Manager in Destin, FL

I worked at The Children's Place full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

I had pleasure working with a very great leadership team, my supervisor mentored me and allowed me to grow within the company

Cons

just like any retail job not having nights and weekends off with your family, never a set schedule

"Store Manager"

Pros

Flexible hours, competitive pay and PTO

Cons

Corporate seems disorganized and unable to standby decisions. They either wait till the last minute or constantly revise their decisions. Corporate always changes their due dates of when things are to be done, while stores remain accountable to uphold theirs. When you have tight payroll and have to redo projects due to their lack of decision making it totally makes me feel that they disrepect managers time. Manager does not get their own personal e-mail, which makes it difficult to talk to dm on private confidential matters. POS systems are not up-to-date. Payroll is extremely tight and stores are run on two coverage. Since associates are not allowed to be alone in the store at anytime, this type of coverage typically means you are unable to leave on your break. Store manager position is meerly a "job" not a career. This position and the company were misrepresented to me at the interview process. Do yourself a favor and don't look for employment here.