The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints - Great Benefits and Excellent Family Values | Glassdoor

Find your next job here

There are newer employer reviews for The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints

"Great Benefits and Excellent Family Values"

Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Salt Lake City, UT
Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Salt Lake City, UT

I have been working at The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Though not an official policy, we are frequently allowed to work from home. The benefits are great with 401K matching, Pension Plan for those grandfathered in and a retirement savings fund for those who are not. Excellent Dental and Medical coverage. You work with people who don't swear, drink, smoke and have the same values. It makes the work environment so pleasant.

Cons

You still have the same issues where you work with imperfect people who are not always the brightest. Many of the brightest are recruited by other companies with more immediate benefits and it can sometimes be difficult to weed out the stagnant employees.

Advice to Management

Management is a little bit of a joke among coworkers. We are understanding mostly because we are self motivating, so we get by even with a very thin and unorganized management structure. ATI is also joke. It is one of those tasks performed because it has to be done and nobody really gives it much thought. Our day to day work is what is important to us and making sure we meet our customer's needs. That's what we should be rated on.

Other Employee Reviews for The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints

"LDS Warehouse"

Pros

Great benefits, employee discounts, competitive pay for the industry. Several retirement savings account options. Feel part of a good cause.

Cons

Experience and expertise not appreciated or rewarded. Seems unlikely to move from one position to another; does not tend to hire from within.

Advice to Management

Offer advancement opportunities to current employees who have earned it. It discourages employees to see outside sources have a better chance at a better position than those qualified and already working within the organization.

"Excellent Company to Work For"

Former Employee - Senior Audiovisual Engineer in Salt Lake City, UT
    Former Employee - Senior Audiovisual Engineer in Salt Lake City, UT

I worked at The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Great purposes to work for. Excellent working environment. Really good benefits.

Cons

Compensation is usually lower than average.

Advice to Management

Please do a better job with compensation equity.