The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints - A good place to work | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints

"A good place to work"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT

Pros

The LDS church office building is a secure building, making it a safe place to work for women and security is quite good. i feel very secure with the guarded underground parking garage so i know no one is going to accost or disrupt me when i am getting in my car.

Cons

the LDS church is very male oriented and almost all of the senior management is male. despite having more experience, I have several times been passed over for a promotion in favor of a man who was able to better make friends with the management making the promotion decisions.

Advice to Management

I have no issue with management. aside from paying further attention to qualified and capable women, their leadership is among the best in the country i believe.

Other Employee Reviews for The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints

"I love working at the Church, it is a wonderful environment to work in."

Current Employee - Project Management Intern in Riverton, UT
    Current Employee - Project Management Intern in Riverton, UT

Pros

The benefits are great, the people are really wonderful.

Cons

The pay is less than the average for the city. If you are looking for high pay, this is not the place.

Advice to Management

They do a great job in managing employees. And they also give great feedback. I think they do a great job!

"Don't work there if you respect yourself"

Current Employee - Incident/Tech Specialist in Salt Lake City, UT
    Current Employee - Incident/Tech Specialist in Salt Lake City, UT

Pros

Stability of employment. It seems to me that no matter what you do nothing can cause you to get fired.

Cons

Complete incompetence of management. Even though it is supposed to be different working for the church they make it seems like a badly ran business.

Advice to Management

Learn something in your field and start treating your employees like they are worth something with their knowledge of what they are doing.