The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints - Wonderful to work for an employer where the mission truly drives all decisions | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints

"Wonderful to work for an employer where the mission truly drives all decisions"

Current Employee - Manager, Compensation in Salt Lake City, UT
Current Employee - Manager, Compensation in Salt Lake City, UT

I have been working at The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

High Standards, common objectives, great people that share my values. Market driven salaries and benefits that are above market. Working for a higher cause.

Cons

There is a perception that salaries are lower than market. Several layers of senior decision makers. The dress code requires suit and tie, very formal.

Other Employee Reviews for The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints

1. "Great opportunity to work on things that can profoundly affect users"

Current Employee - Senior User Experience Designer in Riverton, UT
    Current Employee - Senior User Experience Designer in Riverton, UT

I have been working at The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The work is seldom meaningless. You have opportunities to help people do important work.

Cons

Direction is often vague and there is a lot of bureaucracy.

2. "Great work environment, mission, and people. Has some red tape."

Current Employee - Solutions Manager in Riverton, UT
    Current Employee - Solutions Manager in Riverton, UT

I have been working at The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

The work environment is awesome - people treat each other with respect, everyone tries to help each other in our common mission, and there is a good level of technical competence.

Cons

There is some red tape and normal admin stuff with a big organization. If you are okay working on a big, slow moving ship, that is okay.

Advice to Management

Get rid of some of overhead with internal billing, change some of antiquated policies (work from home, equipment allowed, etc.). Overall, keep focus on our common mission as that is what unites us and makes us give up some pay to work here.