The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints - It is a job | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints

"It is a job"

I worked at The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Ok benefits. Great food in the cafeteria.

Cons

My manager was very lazy and never improved over the 8 years I worked there. I worked at a position that was open 24 hours 7 days a week. The monthly schedule was always a week late coming out for the month currently working. If there was a Holiday that month you just had to wait and see if you were on the schedule. There was also a lot of office problems between co workers that the manager never dealt with. I felt like the manager wasn't always honest.

Advice to Management

Listen to your employee's. Take a few management classes to prepare you for the job. Try to plan ahead so that your employees can plan ahead for Holidays and the month ahead.

Other Employee Reviews for The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints

1. "The tech departments are a fun place to work."

Former Employee - Project Management in Riverton, UT
    Former Employee - Project Management in Riverton, UT

I worked at The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Raising people out of poverty, spreading hope and peace through the gospel of Jesus Christ, teaching people about who they are, where they came from, and what is the purpose of this life -- if your beliefs coincide, its a great organizational mission to get behind. Great work-life balance. Compensation in I.T. jobs is about average with the industry.

In the tech space, the Church has come a long way over the past 5 years.

Cons

Most tech opportunities center around the Church offices in Riverton, UT or in Salt Lake City. Non-profit culture can be a bit slow.

Advice to Management

Cultivate a culture where prudent innovation is encouraged. Some areas have failed to improve because they have no incentive to improve (and possibly break) systems and processes.

2. "Wonderful Place to Work"

Current Employee - Welfare Manager in Salt Lake City, UT
    Current Employee - Welfare Manager in Salt Lake City, UT

I have been working at The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Similar values and purpose with a real commitment to the work.

Cons

Bureaucratic structure that makes change and even simple tasks difficult.

Advice to Management

Eliminate the red tape and trust people to do their jobs.