The Clorox Company - Great company! | Glassdoor
Pros
Cons
  • "Encourage work/life balance, but not really enforced based on workload given" (in 23 reviews)

• "Decision making can be slow given matrix structure" (in 44 reviews)

Employee Review

Employee Review

"Great company!"

Current Employee - Sales Planning Team Leader in Oakland, CA
Current Employee - Sales Planning Team Leader in Oakland, CA

I have been working at The Clorox Company full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Great culture with very solid leadership team. Inclusive and competitive work environment. Respectful and talented employees that challenge each other.

Cons

Upward mobility is very challenged at the Director level and above. Opportunities are limited at that grade level. We need to keep folks engaged and show the career path to get to Director and beyond.

Advice to Management

Stay focused on working on the stuff that actually matters! We’re getting better but still have an opportunity in this area.

Other Employee Reviews

Other Employee Reviews

"Sales Specialist"

I worked at The Clorox Company full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Great people and great benefits (401K, Fitness subsidy, matching donated gifts, half day Fridays in summer). Encouraged me in what I did do.

Cons

Company kept putting me off regarding being promoted into my field of interest (sales) due to lack of money and placement.

Advice to Management

Be more transparent in course of action being taken or not taken. Communicate more with employees so that they know if your intentions will be leading to a promotion or not. Don't keep putting people off who have the talent, skills, and drive. Utilize them more, reward them more, and promote them more. Felt that I was going to be promoted only to find out that their was no money. If I had known earlier, I could have moved on and accomplished so much more with another company.

"Best in Class Brand Marketing Organization with Great Leadership"

Current Employee - Brand Manager in Oakland, CA
    Current Employee - Brand Manager in Oakland, CA

I have been working at The Clorox Company full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Best in class for brand management, advertising, digital marketing, and product innovation. High level of trust and autonomy at the brand manager level. Highly talented cross-functional teams. Entire company has the consumer's best interests in mind. High quality products and R&D make marketing and product positioning rewarding. Very little "politics". Fast-mover with early investment in new channels (eCom), skills (rapid innovation), and tactics (digital marketing).

Cons

Still a large company where you won't know everyone. Office is in a great location but working environments can be outdated depending on which group you're working with.

Advice to Management

Continue investing in long-term sustainable growth; maintain a humble, approachable attitude that makes working here comfortable and enjoyable.

Discover more reviews about The Clorox Company.