The Clorox Company - Overall great place to work and ability to learn a lot/gain exposure to different projects/areas of work. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for The Clorox Company

"Overall great place to work and ability to learn a lot/gain exposure to different projects/areas of work."

Current Employee - Manager in Pleasanton, CA
Current Employee - Manager in Pleasanton, CA

I have been working at The Clorox Company full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Clorox provides a very good work environment with great people and a lot of focus around work-life balance (generally speaking). There is a lot focus on innovation which creates pride and excitement over our product portfolio today and to come. I also really respect our community involvement and focus on brining clean water to many third world areas - something people don't know enough about.

Cons

Career paths are not always clear and sometimes feels like it is more based on who you know than what you do. Organizational structure can feel very siloed, some senior leaders (SVP) feel out of touch with their groups and what we could be doing to be best in our industry when thinking about the support functions. A lot of process for process sake but the company is working through that right now so hopefully will improve and soon become a pro vs a con. Roles and responsibilities are not always clear

Advice to Management

The company feels a bit siloed and that all functions operate on their own - I believe it would only strengthen our great work if we worked together as one. Examples would be consistent training & development, consistent Diversity & Inclusion, consistent communication about the business and initiatives, etc instead of everything happening differently by each function. It makes employees feel we are not always working on things together, it creates duplicate work, and added costs by not leveraging our full size for things like training programs and diversity speakers/programs where volume can mean cost savings. Something to consider.

Other Employee Reviews for The Clorox Company

1. "My experience at Clorox has been pretty good."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Jacksonville, FL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Jacksonville, FL

I have been working at The Clorox Company part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I think it is great that I am a part time employee, yet I still get some of the benefits of a full time employee such as paid holidays, sick days, vacation days, etc. It is an enjoyable place to work.

Cons

Some of my hours in my department are getting cut quite a bit.

Advice to Management

Each Clorox plant should be evaluated individually on safety precautions. Some of the safety precautions are not necessary in my work environment. They tend to just get in the way of doing some of the work.

2. "I have worked for 5 years in the North America Operations group of Corporate Accounting."

Current Employee - Senior Accountant in Pleasanton, CA
    Current Employee - Senior Accountant in Pleasanton, CA

I have been working at The Clorox Company full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Flexibility, opportunity to advance and build a life long career, the people and the values make you feel good about coming to work.

Cons

Lower pay than the industry normal, slower advancement of career, the organization makes changes very slowly to adapt to current market.

Advice to Management

The corporate values give me pride in saying I work for Clorox. The paycheck makes me pause when I receive recruitment calls.