The Columbus Organization - Ok for part-timer | Glassdoor

"Ok for part-timer"

Current Contractor - Anonymous Contractor
Current Contractor - Anonymous Contractor

I have been working at The Columbus Organization as a contractor

Pros

They make you aware of jobs that are not advertised

Cons

Limited support and communication after contract begins. Non existent information regarding continuation of contract from one school year to the next.

Advice to Management

Let employees know if their contract will be renewed for the following year. Silence is not golden.

Other Employee Reviews for The Columbus Organization

1. "Case Manager"

Current Employee - Case Manager in Indianapolis, IN
    Current Employee - Case Manager in Indianapolis, IN

I have been working at The Columbus Organization full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Very flexible job with good benefits. Health savings account is great. I love helping families find resources they need. Supervision is very responsive.

Cons

Honestly, there are not many. Sometimes you have to travel a bit to get to meetings. Some of the state required paperwork is repetitive.

Advice to Management

N/A

2. "loved the work but was not a supportive company environment"

I worked at The Columbus Organization full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I loved working with my clients and their families. Working from home was great at times.

Cons

There was no formal training, videos or reading a paper doesn't cover it. Director was not willing to answer questions or explain processes. At the time there also were no local meetings to gather with colleagues for consult. When I was hired I was promised one salary but was told that as soon as my caseload became billable that the salary would increase by substantionally (an actual dollar amount was given). This was a huge deal because the initial salary was not enough to pay my bills but I wanted the job so was willing to make the sacrifice since I was promised that the salary would increase. A year and a full billable case load later, that salary never increase and I was told that they didn't know when it would. It was a hard decision to give up my position but I had to take a higher paying job. And while I was willing to make myself available to my clients, I was expected to take their calls and agree to visit times outside of my normal working hours. I did my best to accommodate that but there were times that I could not do so and would be reprimanded for it, that wasn't right.

Advice to Management

Develop an actual in-person training program. Local meetings would also be supportive. And of course, salary issues need to be addressed and honored. And place a value on allowing your employees to have a healthy work-home life balance.