The Connor Group - I have been with the company for a total of 5 years and love it! | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for The Connor Group

"I have been with the company for a total of 5 years and love it!"

Current Employee - Property Manager in Cincinnati, OH
Current Employee - Property Manager in Cincinnati, OH

I have been working at The Connor Group full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

I was a Leasing Agent with the company for 4.5 years and now I’m a Profit Center Manager. The salary is very competitive regardless of what industry you are coming from. Even as a Manager you have the opportunity to make a bonus. The company will recognize you for reaching your goals and will reward you for being an over achiever. The Connor Group is an all-around great company to work for. I actually look forward to coming to work every day.

Cons

As a Manager you may work long hours and may have to work weekends- But it comes with the territory.

Advice to Management

I have had a great experience working for The Connor Group.

Other Employee Reviews for The Connor Group

1. "Best job I've ever had!"

Current Employee - Upgrade Technician in Cincinnati, OH
    Current Employee - Upgrade Technician in Cincinnati, OH

I have been working at The Connor Group full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Year round work, good compensation, company willing to reward you for work that goes above and beyond what you are suppose to do, professional staff, many locations to keep you close to home as possible, many opportunities for advancement and advanced training.

Cons

Depends on the property but being on call for emergencies on the weekends can be rough, really tight deadlines, and sometimes you have to deal with unreasonable residents.

"An HONEST Review"

Former Employee - Pcm
    Former Employee - Pcm

I worked at The Connor Group full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

- Great pay & benefits compared to other companies in the industry
    - Fun company events

Cons

- Micro managed (delusional if you think otherwise)
    - In the Atlanta market, you succeed as long as you're "rub elbows" with the right people. It's literally not what you know but who you're "cool" with; almost like high school - that's just the way it is get over it and move on. It's that simple. I've gone further than people that I know could do my job better than me effortlessly.

If you haven't noticed most of the company reviews are from Ohio which is an entirely different experience than the Atlanta market. If you are considering an opportunity with TCG in Atlanta then those reviews will not paint an accurate picture of how messed up it really is.

There are 3 types of people in the ATL market:

1. "The Rookies": The new hires that are so happy to be there that they are completely oblivious to what's going on and what the heck they just signed up for. Usually still on cloud 9.

2. "The Seniors": They've been around for a while and know all the do's and don'ts to keep their job. They passed the rookie phase and now they realize the mess they're in. It makes them sick but they fake it to make it until something better comes along. Usually they're the bread winners at home or single parents and can't afford to leave their job.

3. "The Cult": The Illuminati of The Connor Group. Usually they're the ones that been around the longest. You know the type..their face is on the website, the new hire folder and any other photo op they can catch. They volunteer to organize every company event. They have no clue what's going on because they drunk too much Connor Group Punch. They believe that this is the best company on planet earth and with probably take a bullet for their superior. Be careful. The disease they carry is contagious and it's hard to get rid of.

They will entice you with the great pay, the benefits, the culture of the company, all the rewards & gifts they throw at you but that's called a "bait and switch". If you live in Atlanta and you desire to work your way into the industry then TCG may be a good option. Learn as much as you can, gain the experience and leave. All that glitters is not gold. Attend every party and every event, you will quickly learn who to stick by to get ahead but REMEMBER learn what you can, gain the experience and get out.