The Container Store - They expect a lot from their employees and employees get a lot in return. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for The Container Store

"They expect a lot from their employees and employees get a lot in return."

Former Employee - Visual Sales in Washington, DC
Former Employee - Visual Sales in Washington, DC

Pros

The pay and benefits are unmatched for comparable jobs. Insurance (health care, dental, and vision) is available for all part time employees, regardless of how many hours per week they work. A 401k program is available for all employees who have worked there for 11 months and are over 21. Management encourages a positive atmosphere through their attitudes and by being selective with the people they hire. They expect a lot of their employees and the employees get a lot in return.

Cons

I can't think of anything really negative. No company is perfect but TCS is really good to their employees and customers. In my time there, I had no complaints. If you aren't interested in working hard and don't want to put more than a minimum amount of effort into your job, then you probably won't like it.

Advice to Management

Thanks for a great experience!

Other Employee Reviews for The Container Store

"The Container Store... no longer a "Fortune 100 Best Companies to Work" contender."

Current Employee - If I Tell You, I'll Get Fired in New York, NY
    Current Employee - If I Tell You, I'll Get Fired in New York, NY

Pros

The employees are hard working and great at what they do, yet don't last long.

Cons

Company philosophy is one sided, as it only benefits the company, not the employees. To survive we must be willing to do any and every job there is, including lifting heavy boxes in the middle of the night or at the crack of dawn, depends on your schedule. If you are truthful about your availability you run the risk of being terminated.

Advice to Management

Pay attention to why the employee turn over at the Lexington Ave. store in NYC is so high. Great people have left, in fact 100% of the store managers left in 2008.

"It's rough"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Madi, Jiangxi (China)
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Madi, Jiangxi (China)

I have been working at The Container Store full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

You make your own rules

Cons

You could lose everything. I mean evrything

Advice to Management

don't interfere