KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

Add a Review

Employee Review

1. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 5 years

It’s good to be back!!!!

Nov 30, 2021 - Full Time Designer in Los Angeles, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

I was with the Container Store from 2013 to 2019. When I worked for the company, it was an amazing experience. The people are amazing, leadership is excellent, and the company cares for its employees. I started as a Sales Manager, moved to the Training Manager and then moved to the Custom Closet Manager. I've had the opportunity to travel and open new stores in other states and I've had the opportunity to meet other amazing leaders. I piloted a position for a market and it took off and created a position for other markets. There is no end to the opportunity with this business. I left in 2019 and have moved abroad. I came back from two years outside the country and there was no better place to come home. I strongly recommend being a part of this incredible company. You're going to find your new family.

Cons

The company at the beginning was slow on making moves and decisions. The company had to evolve with the world and times. Now with new leadership the company is right on track.

1 person found this review helpful
  1. 5.0
    Former Employee, less than 1 year

Loved the job & environment

Jan 14, 2022 - Customer Service Representative
    Business Outlook

Pros

Amazing company Comfortable environment Safe work place

Cons

It’s retail.. customers can be difficult

Be the first to find this review helpful
  2. 4.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

Signs of things to come?

Jan 24, 2022 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

For the most part this is a fantastic company to work for, very flexible and accommodating to it's employees. The discount is great and we offer an Employee First Fund that actually takes care of its people.

Cons

That being said, it is a lot of work and not very competitive in terms of salary. The paradigm shift from being an employee centric company to a "customer first" one with the regime change is alarming. But worst of all is the deification of the new CEO. The way upper management talks about him is humiliating. The fact that every few months we have to find payroll to get our teams together to watch him address his subjects, including having his technology officer come on to praise him despite only being fully in the role a year, is alarming. The technology of the company is also an issues, especially the changes Satish is putting through like the new phone system or the ordering system that's taken almost a year to get in place. Also the raise to a minium wage of $15 is a great thing, however cutting payroll to accomodate for it is not. It's almost as though the raise was another way for the CEO to pat himself on the back publicly.

Continue reading
    Be the first to find this review helpful

Discover more reviews about The Container Store.