Employee Review

1. 5.0
    Current Employee

good vibes, everyone working to make a difference

May 23, 2016 -  in New York, NY
    Business Outlook

Pros

1) Everyone has the same end goal - to help animals and make their welfare a mainstream issue 2) Solid work culture - we just got back from a company picnic, lots of team lunches and happy hours, etc 3) good people - everyone's willing to help each other out, work across teams, etc 4) free snacks. Annie's gummy bears ftw.

Cons

It's a startup, so you have to love that the company is always improving and growing - what works one day may not work the next, which is exciting for the people who choose to work here. This isn't the place for people who just like to do their one clear-cut job tasks repeatedly. You have to be a team player, flexible and excited about growth.

1 person found this review helpful

Other Employee Reviews

1. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 5 years

Incredible Team Of Creative People

Jul 28, 2021 - Video Producer and Editor
    Business Outlook

Pros

- Great potential for upward mobility - We get to work on uplifting content seen by millions - Highly collaborative environment - Management deeply cares about employees’ morale - The job is flexible, in terms of hours and responsibilities

Cons

- Creating content for social media comes with certain challenges as it can be volatile and always changing and evolving

Be the first to find this review helpful
  2. 1.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

Do not work here

Aug 23, 2021 - Associate Producer in New York, NY
    Business Outlook

Pros

I was able to meet amazing, kind, and hard working video editors that deserved to be treated better. Unionized job.

Cons

Upper management never listened to the needs of their over worked video team. There are video managers who, even after many years working at The Dodo, do not know how to use premiere. They do not take constructive feedback themselves as they have a high and mighty attitude and clearly a power complex over their team. They don't know how to work with their team and for that I find the entirety of the managing producers incompetent. The work environment is toxic. There are no people of color in management roles. You work long hours to stay afloat and there is no overtime compensation for it. If you mention that you work after hours to finish output there is clearly no visual concern for this. Working here caused my personal life to be affected by work stress and I went through the worst of the worst because of it. Management continues to write positive reviews to keep their score up on this page. I've known people that were at the company for years and were not promoted. I've known people that had to quit for their mental health without any jobs lined up for them in the near future. If ever you decide to speak out or challenge the work ethic then you will be fired. This has happened.

Continue reading
    2 people found this review helpful

Discover more reviews about The Dodo.