The Dolben Company - Great "Pro Employee" Company | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for The Dolben Company

"Great "Pro Employee" Company"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Burlington, MA
Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Burlington, MA

Pros

Th Dolben Co. is very well respected in multi-family industry. Their committment to the industry is evidenced by their involvement in the National Apartment Assoc. I was very proud to say that I was employed by The Dolben Co.

Cons

Growth opportunities can be limited based on market conditions. Their growth plan is slow and steady and as a result, you may be in the same position for several years before the right opportunity presents itself.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing!

Other Employee Reviews for The Dolben Company

1. "Intern leasing consulatant"

Former Intern - Anonymous Intern
    Former Intern - Anonymous Intern

I worked at The Dolben Company as an intern

Pros

Family like atmosphere in the work place. Great relationships with upper management.

Cons

Smaller company, only limited to the east coast.

"Assist"

Pros

I don't have at least twenty words for this section. There aren't any pros. This company has a great internet appearance but treats its employees unfair. I can only speak for the mid Atlantic region.

Cons

No promotion
    Low leasing bonus
    Unless you know someone in HR or a regional manager, you better be prepared to work 3x as hard and long to get a promotion.
    Learning that several individuals come into this company as a rover or Pt leasing consultant and get promoted within 4-6 months is extremely disheartening. Especially after being told you need more experience before you promote...even though I was with this company for over 2 years and in this industry for 6. They seem to forget about your resume once you're an employee. Some promotions are for individuals in an exclusive program that only current college students can participate in and others get fsvoryismbc they know ppl within the company.
    Training....on the job training is a joke. My manager has NEVER offered any training or even given me the chance to show what I am capable of outside my job description. I am very disappointed in this company. It definitely has some racial favoritism.

Advice to Management

Allow otj training and training with other property managers.
    Management program should be open to all employees.
    Regional managers should visit properties more often and become more acquainted with staff outside of management.
    Team moral is needed.

The Dolben Company Response

Nov 15, 2016

Thank you for your candid feedback although we are disappointed that you feel there are limited growth opportunities and training. We feel strongly about employee training and require employees to ... More