The Finger Companies - Their bad reputation within the industry exists for a reason | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for The Finger Companies

"Their bad reputation within the industry exists for a reason"

Former Employee - Leasing Consultant in Houston, TX
Former Employee - Leasing Consultant in Houston, TX

I worked at The Finger Companies full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The higher compensation and better benefits

Cons

Employees are not treated well here. Corporate office belittles and degrades them. Hourly employees are not allowed to accrue overtime. To avoid getting into trouble for their employees getting even one hour of OT, time cards have been altered by some property managers. This is illegal! Within the company, there is a lot of back stabbing going on, as well. I have never seen anything like it.

Other Employee Reviews for The Finger Companies

"Horrible"

I worked at The Finger Companies full-time

Pros

The salary and the fact an apartment is included.

Cons

Management by intemidataion. No training of company policies or expectations. You find out if you have done wrong by reprimand. Gossip from Senior Management about corporate office employees. No teamwork. Cut throat. The worst experience of my career in the industry. If your looking for a short term job and want to be beat up......accept a position with this company.

Advice to Management

Open up communication. Listen to onsite employees. Training. Ensure that Senior Management is properly supporting the site teams by not simply flying into the site, drinking coffee gossiping and leaving.

2. "The Mercedes of the Real Estate Industry"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

I have been working at The Finger Companies full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Absolutely incredible product. You cannot get more high-end than some of the properties owned by this company. They are committed to quality and do not cut corners. Some of the residents have been living in their apartments for over 30 years... That says more about the Finger Companies than anything else could.

Cons

With 30+ properties, there are a lot of responsibilities to juggle. It's always interesting though, and I'm learning a ton about an industry of which I knew nothing.

Advice to Management

N/A