The Fountain Group - Its Bad, Real Bad | Glassdoor

"Its Bad, Real Bad"

Former Employee - Recruiter in Tampa, FL
Former Employee - Recruiter in Tampa, FL

I worked at The Fountain Group full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The underpaid and underappreciated staff are the biggest pros. Everyone has a mutual lack of confidence / respect for upper management so it makes for good after work conversation.
Having only one physical office located in Tampa, FL is convenient as all the account managers and executive staff (for the entire company) sit right next to each other.

Cons

The executive staff consistently belittles their employees. Their is rampant name calling and public humiliation on a daily basis. They have a hire fast, fire fast mentality which creates the revolving door effect. Their are no set standard for performance leaving most recruiters in the dark in regards to job stability. Their is 1 person in charge of all new business develpment only becuase he does not want someone on the team to misconstrue his lies or get one of his stories mixed up. The recruiting floor is separated by how much money is potentially made of each deal rather than by skill sets making recruiter growth next to impossible. The Fountain Group works nationally and never meets candidates because they only have one office and it is located in Tampa, FL. They are extremely Micro Managed, to the extent that you need to tell the directors assistant when you are going to the bathroom. Overall, This company portrays a top down dog eat dog environment which creates a hostile work environment wth constant turnover. They have given too much power to one man and are eventually going to have to deal with the consequences.

Advice to Management

Care for the people you employ, Think long term over short, Use common sense, Listen to your staff, Use positive reinforcement over negative, Remove the Dictator !!!

Other Employee Reviews for The Fountain Group

1. "Would recommend to professionals in Scientific Industry"

Current Contractor - Clinical Trials Manager in Boston, MA
    Current Contractor - Clinical Trials Manager in Boston, MA

I have been working at The Fountain Group as a contractor (More than a year)

Pros

They have access to the top BioTech companies in the US. I am always presented with on target jobs for my experience in Clinical Research field. Their experience in this field has been beneficial to me so I can focus on my career.

Cons

Some of the jobs would require me to relocate which I cannot do at this time.

Advice to Management

Keep up the positive interaction with your consultants; it sets you apart in the industry.

"I never thought in my life I would make the kind of money I make at TFG."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL

I have been working at The Fountain Group full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

To be honest, the best reason to work at TFG is the pay structure. It is very aggressive and it really pays off well for those who do well. I have been at companies that the difference in pay between the top performer and worst performer is only a few thousand in salary. That isn't the case at TFG. So if you honestly just want to make money (which many say, but few act in such a way) TFG is amazing to work for as a recruiter. Just come to work and work hard and if you are a good recruiter you will be extremely happy. If you are producing, management will leave you alone and let you do your own thing. There is low tolerance for people who are here just to punch the clock and go through the motions and collect a pay check.

Cons

There can be a lot of change. But there is change everywhere, just read "Who moved My Cheese" and you will be fine.

Advice to Management

Think about change before its implemented.