The Fountain Group - Don't waste your time- MUCH better companies in Tampa | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for The Fountain Group

"Don't waste your time- MUCH better companies in Tampa"

Pros

There are really none to list (other than very few of staff are honest, hard-working people)

Cons

Top to Bottom: company does not pay employees equally (only personal friends of management are paid fairly), mentally & verbally abusive director who lies constantly to clients and employees, competitive and back-stabbing work environment with most of current staff, no consistency with business plans/ expectations/ etc, company as a whole involved in shady business practices (such as lying about their "multiple locations"- Tampa is only one, promising performance reviews and bonuses which never happen, lie about 'being your own boss' on front-end but then micro-managed to the extreme, NO opportunities for growth in company despite the false promise there would be, etc.) very high turnover rate in company (all staff is seen as 'expendable'), and so on...

Advice to Management

Think seriously about who is running your company, and re-evaluate bringing in someone who has a clue of how to run a company successfully

Other Employee Reviews for The Fountain Group

"unprofessional staff, lacking in basic communication skills"

Pros

they were a gateway to a major client in biotech

Cons

I'm writing this review as a job seeker candidate. I have dealt with this firm on and off for a few years for contract jobs at a Major pharma firm on Broomfield, CO. I was submitted in OCT 2012 and now in JULY 2013 they want me to interview within 2 hours! They have never checked in with me regarding the role or its status until now, and all of the sudden its urgent. Once I interviewed (phone screening) I was told they wanted to hire within 5 days, well, here it is 2 weeks later and the recruiter has conveniently disappeared once again with no word to me regarding my status as a candidate. I have had to reach out to the account manager via LInkedIn to get any response! If it was not a matter of a competing offer from a FT/Perm job I would have ignored their unprofessionalism but now that there is a timeline its important to know where I stand and they have failed to represent me professionally. Oh, and another kick, they told me my rate at 60 per hour then tried to change it to 50 at the last minute. Also their web site sucks. There is no direct chain to the hiring firm, it's 1) recruiter, 2) account manager 3) hiring firms HR 4) hiring manager. A LOT gets lost in the chain! AGAIN, their communication is awful. Picking up the phone is unheard of for them.

Advice to Management

Its pretty bad when a job seeker has to make several attempts to contact your firm when YOUR making money off me!!! Professionals seeking jobs via Fountain should look elsewhere for representation, as your firm is too layered and needs basic client relations and communication skills training.

"Very Very Unprofessional People in Job Market"

I worked at The Fountain Group full-time

Pros

They pay you on time

Cons

They are very unprofessional people which includes unresponsiveness their employees whether its answers the phone calls or answers your emails.
    They promise you a lot before joining them but only few will be kept
    They are the worst Employer when it comes to H1B workers. As soon as your assignment is done, they would put you on Bench ( even though they promise you to pay on bench before joining) and might cancel your H1 visa too