The Fresh Market - Don't peel back the layers, it stinks under there | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for The Fresh Market

"Don't peel back the layers, it stinks under there"

Current Employee - Cashier in Greensboro, NC
Current Employee - Cashier in Greensboro, NC

Pros

20% discount. Variety of co-workers

Cons

No communication. I subscribed to customers email just to get information. LOW salary. Low morale. This company is ripe for union formation!!

Advice to Management

ask your low-end workers, listen and react!

Other Employee Reviews for The Fresh Market

"Work overload on too few employees."

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Lafayette, LA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Lafayette, LA

Pros

Nice looking store with some quality products.

Cons

Corporate always adding more work for employees to do, but were not willing to give decent pay raises. Started out at maximum pay in my position, so there was no chance of getting a pay raise unless I applied for another position. Very little room to move up with this company.
    Also, always bringing products in and out of store. Customers would come in looking for something they had purchased before and we had discontinued it and replaced it with something else. Constantly had new resets to do with all these new products, very frustrating being that we hardly had the staff to do our regular duties without adding this to it!

"A good opportunity to network"

Current Employee - Front End Manager in Baltimore, MD
    Current Employee - Front End Manager in Baltimore, MD

Pros

20% discount
    You meet a lot of people who you will most likely continue to be friends with even though you don't work together on a daily basis.
    Fun enviroment

Cons

There is very poor communication starting all the way from the corporate level. It's like playing telephone when you were a kid. It starts out as one direction and then by the time it reaches the dept heads (which are the true workhorses of the stores) it's something completely different and makes absolutely no sense. There needs to be better uniformity throughout the company and in stores.

Advice to Management

Focus on your people. And I don't mean just the one's at corporate office, I mean the one's who are in your stores daily making things happen. Everybody has a responsibility here and it doesn't matter how small the job, it's still important. Don't forget that. Now that we are a public company i can only imagine how much more greedy this company may become and they will eventually lose sight of the one's who help earn them those numbers.