The Fresh Market - Overall great job, atmosphere and decent pay | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for The Fresh Market

"Overall great job, atmosphere and decent pay"

Former Employee - Assistant Front End Manager in Jacksonville, FL
Former Employee - Assistant Front End Manager in Jacksonville, FL

Pros

Compared to a regular grocery store, it is more upscale therefore the customers are a little more pleasant then elsewhere. They give regular raises, and there are other incentives and bonuses to employers.

Cons

When it gets busy, it gets busy! and we only have 6 registers, even during the holidays and Saturdays and Sundays.

Advice to Management

Treat the people under you with respect and don't just bring concern to problems but recognize a job well done and employees will have higher job satisfaction resulting in higher productivity

Other Employee Reviews for The Fresh Market

"Overall Negative"

Former Employee - Department Manager in Carmel, IN
    Former Employee - Department Manager in Carmel, IN

Pros

The stores have a great product and you have the opportunity to work with some great coworkers.

Cons

Store management was lacking. Priorities and constructive criticism don't exist within these stores so staffers really didn't have a good idea of what was going on in the store as a whole. Managers were not proactive - any issue, no matter how small, was a drama instead of a learning or coaching experience. No communication of what store sales goals were or individual performance goals were. Department management was extremely inexperience and ineffective.

"There is a reason why this company is always hiring..."

Former Employee - Bakery Clerk and Deli Clerk in Pembroke Pines, FL
    Former Employee - Bakery Clerk and Deli Clerk in Pembroke Pines, FL

Pros

20% Discount
    friendly employees
    nice atmosphere
    it's a job

Cons

Horrible management team
    Extreme favoritism
    The harder you work the harder they will work you
    They cut my hours when I desperately needed them the whole 5 months I worked there and I was the only one who got my hours cut no matter how hard I worked AND despite my getting injured on the job.
    I was promised full time hours during the holiday season. Never got them once, not even close, and I was the only employee who had extreme low part time hours. I could not support myself.
    Low pay
    They will work you until you become numb
    Was promised a pay raise after my 90 days. Passed the online test. Never received my raise.
    Once I became an employee of the bakery, the manager treated me like a slave and constantly belittled me despite all the hard work I did.
    You are constantly humiliated by the bakery manager at this store.
    They throw out so much food at the end of the day that is still perfectly good. Makes you wonder why THEY aren't the ones targeted to send food out to the world's starving countries.

Advice to Management

Treat your employees with respect and praise us when we try to work as hard as we can for you, instead of insulting us on a daily basis. It just might make a huge difference in your employee morale and motivate us to be happier to work harder with SMILES on our faces instead of looking miserable all the time.