The Fresh Market - Its an okay job if you have a thick face, black heart | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for The Fresh Market

"Its an okay job if you have a thick face, black heart"

Former Employee - Floater in Jacksonville, FL
Former Employee - Floater in Jacksonville, FL

I worked at The Fresh Market part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

A fast paced environment,the people are okay some are not nice, but the drama and gossip is bad in this company. And worse customer in the world you can find it in Fresh market but of course not all. But I learn a lot while I was working at Fresh Market. The pay is good compare to other grocery and retail.

Cons

You are over worked,nobody will appreciate your hard work, but they will appreciate those people who are just slacking in their job and you got to pick up the slack which is annoying. Yeah a lot of people can get away with a lot of overtime but they are not even doing there job, there just slacking, gossiping, pretending that they are working.

Advice to Management

You should study and familiarized the whole store,be worthy of your position.

Other Employee Reviews for The Fresh Market

"Unbearable."

Current Employee - Courtesy Clerk
    Current Employee - Courtesy Clerk

I have been working at The Fresh Market part-time (More than a year)

Pros

- 20% Discount. That's honestly about it.

Cons

- Hours are extremely unreliable. You'll be working near overtime one week, then the next you'll be working less than 20 hours.
    - I've heard the same exact songs played in the store in the entire near year and a half I've been working there. It literally drives me mad hearing the same excerpt from "Four Seasons" (among others) EVERY. SINGLE. DAY.
    - Raises are rare and growth is nonexistent.
    - Management insults your intelligence and undermines you. Department employees are shady and untrustworthy.
    - Understaffed FE.

Advice to Management

Analyze the choices YOU make before blaming employees for THEIR lack of enthusiasm. Listen to what an employee has to say when a co-worker is complaining about them before taking a side.

2. "Working hard or hardly working?"

Current Employee - Candy/Coffee Specialist
    Current Employee - Candy/Coffee Specialist

I have been working at The Fresh Market full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

-20% discount on great product
    -Department management is willing to schedule time off for an occasion without getting huffy.
    -Room for improvement and advancement if you work hard.

Cons

-Drama. As I know with all retail settings there is drama but this place is a little excessive.
    -Coworkers are in positions that they aren't working hard while others are fighting their way to the top.
    -The customers. I know, we all need customers to actually have a job to go to but the customers that come into The Fresh Market think they need the red carpet every time they buy a tomato.
    -Expensive health insurance.

Advice to Management

Stop for a minute and think about all the people that call out and all the people that consistently get customers complaints about performance. They need to go. There are plenty of hard working individuals that are currently employed and others that would love to enter the work force. Keep your eye on the employees that are always working. Those are the ones you want running your departments.