The GW Medical Faculty Associates - Great Benefits but strict management. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for The GW Medical Faculty Associates

"Great Benefits but strict management."

Former Employee - Financial Analyst in Washington, DC
Former Employee - Financial Analyst in Washington, DC

Pros

The tuition reimbursement and pay. The people are friendly. Punch in, is through finger print so you can be sure that you paid accordingly. The location is really convenient too, right in the heart of the city. Quick response to IT problems.

Cons

There isn't much work to do and no one directs new employees or train them properly. When there isn't work you just have to sit there and wait until there is work to do. This is at the business office. The bathrooms are keyed so no more than 2 people can go to the bathroom. Training is done by other current employees. Strict managment (no personal calls, emails ect.)! There are rats in the facility, so beware of food and make sure to clean your desk every morning (in case of rats). There are no windows either.

If you pass out, no one will help you even though it's a physician health practice. They have to call the police and get you on an ambulance. Which is ridiculously because there are at least 100 doctors in the building.

You will never know how you are doing because there isn't a feedback system in place. No performance review. So you could be let go without noticed.

Advice to Management

Make sure to speak to your employees and check in on them. Give proper feedback and if you plan on letting someone go, do it yourself and not have an HR person do it. Have the decency to talk to your employee when giving them bad news.

Other Employee Reviews for The GW Medical Faculty Associates

1. "Paramedic"

Former Contractor - Paramedic International in Kuwait City (Kuwait)
    Former Contractor - Paramedic International in Kuwait City (Kuwait)

I worked at The GW Medical Faculty Associates as a contractor (More than a year)

Pros

Great way to see another part of the world and meet a lot of cool people while make FAR more money than you can back home in EMS.

Nearly all coworkers and supervisors were good people and had significant experience.

Significant travel and education stipends available.

Cons

Onboarding process (for me) was RIDICULOUSLY vague. Once I officialy singned my contract. I got a plane ticket and nothing else. No instructions. No contact info. Nothing. I had to take the flight and pray it worked itself out once I arrived (it did, very well) but until I was able to make contact with my people, I had NO idea what was going on. As with any job, there are idiots. Some in management. Some working beside you. This job had them, but in no higher ratio than you would get back home.

And I know it's something small, but if possible, could you please book flights 5-6 weeks ahead. I was in the middle of a 747 with two people on each side for 13hrs.

Advice to Management

Have SOME sort of onboarding process and have someone in country (even non-management) contact the new-hire before deployment to answer simple questions and explain the transition. Ideally, do it a month or two out.

2. "International Paramedic"

I have been working at The GW Medical Faculty Associates full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Fairly small company which allows easy access to human resources and upper management with a quick email or phone call. The benefits and pay are excellent.

Cons

Not all benefits were paid as promised secondary to a communication error. Other than that great company.

Advice to Management

Keep doing.